1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Comfortable shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lockey2k, Sep 20, 2006.

1. lockey2k

lockey2k Senior Member

I am in search of affordable comfortable shoes. Right now I'm wearing a pair of Kenneth Coles that are killing my feet. T____T

Price range - $150-200
    Need - Walking around the office and to work (about 2 miles a day).

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

Get something goodyear welted that fits properly. My suggestion given your price range is Allen Edmonds from the discount/outlet stores or from ebay.

3. pkincy

pkincy Senior Member

Agree. AE would work best for you given that GVH seems out of his nearly inexhaustible supply of C&J sourced polo shoes.

Perry

4. lockey2k

lockey2k Senior Member

Agree. AE would work best for you given that GVH seems out of his nearly inexhaustible supply of C&J sourced polo shoes.

Perry

GVH? C&J? =

5. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

Tyran Rose shoes at an outlet mall would be in the $200 range. They are very comfortable though many forum members see them as eye-talian glue jobs.

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

GVH? C&J? =

GVH = grapevinehill (a well known ebay seller)

C&J = crockett and jones.

I recommend both the seller and the brand, but as noted, it looks like GVH is out of C&J's for the time being.

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Tyran Rose shoes at an outlet mall would be in the $200 range. They are very comfortable though many forum members see them as eye-talian glue jobs.
    Well, are they?

8. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I would also recommend Allen Edmonds (AE), which can be found pretty easily for under $200. In New York right now, a mini-chain called Shoe Mania has a couple of different styles marked down to something like $150 and DSW (Discount Shoe Warehouse, a national chain) often has a variety of AE for under $200. Plus, at DSW, you can try on a variety of different sizes without relying on a salesperson.

9. charlief1975

charlief1975 Well-Known Member

I sort of had the same question, but what I'm looking for a pair of shoes that I can wear with a lot of stuff. Being dressed up or casual.

I am looking for a quality shoe.

10. josepidal

josepidal Distinguished Member

The better shoes actually feel very comfortable once broken in. I once wore a pair of Edward Greens I got used and walked the length of Singapore one midnight, and my feet felt great. Crockett and Jones handgrades for Polo used to be available on ebay for $160-180.

11. designprofessor

designprofessor Distinguished Member

Second the above posts. With AE, they fit roomy on me, so i have sports insoles in some, makes them even more comfortable.

12. lockey2k

lockey2k Senior Member

Second the above posts. With AE, they fit roomy on me, so i have sports insoles in some, makes them even more comfortable.
    Can i wear AE shoes daily? p.s. anyone know of any good sales for shoes in NYC this week?

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Can i wear AE shoes daily? p.s. anyone know of any good sales for shoes in NYC this week?
    You should not wear any good pair of shoes every day. At least 2 pairs should be rotated so that each pair gets a day of rest with shoe trees in them, to dry and regain their shape. Otherwise their life is significantly shortened. If your budget is tight, you might get one better pair for important days and one or two cheaper pairs to fill in in-between times and inclement weather.

14. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

The better shoes actually feel very comfortable once broken in. I once wore a pair of Edward Greens I got used and walked the length of Singapore one midnight, and my feet felt great.
    you mean you walked all (approx) 700 sq. km. of singapore in one midnight? that IS one hell of a pair of EG's! [​IMG] perhaps you meant orchard road? [​IMG]

15. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

He walked from Marina Square to midway down Orchard.