• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

comfortable dress shoes and custom belts.

JO3B

Reaction score
sort of a two in oner here.

first, im starting a retail position where i'm dressed in a suit and i'd like something fairly comfortable on my toes. id assume a rubber sole would be a bit more comfortable then leather, but besides that, i'm also looking for something budget.

any reccomended brands even to buy something used? any help would be greatly appreciated.

and second, i recently aquired this:

2qicjtx.jpg

and its a tad smaller then most buckles. does anyone know of an online or NYC outlet that'd be able to make me a belt? again, the budget applies.

thank you in advance for any and all help.

m3rkury

Reaction score
I actually find leather/hard soles to be more comfortable and easier on my feet and back than rubber soles. I am a medical student going into surgery and I spend 14+hrs a day on my feet, so footwear is crucial.

One thing I would recommend is avoiding anything with corrected grain leather. Besides the whole quality issue, I found that corrected grain shoes are not as forgiving when they bend. My CG shoes have these large creases in them that tend to dig into the top of my foot and cause some nasty friction burns.

Depending on what you consider to be "budget" is also another factor. Allen Edmonds is the forum favorite, but I recently purchased a pair of these shoes and absolutely love them. The price was within my budget, and the quality was very good.

Rolo

Reaction score
I don't find that the composition of the sole makes that much difference to me. Shape of the arch and fit are bigger factors for me. A good fit in a shoe with a leather sole will leave my feet feeling better at the end of the day than some tennis shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads