• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

comfortable boots? please to tell me.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got swept up in the great desert boot fiasco of 2008 and ended up with some beeswax DBs. i love the look of them but, unfortunately, they aren't working for me.

long story short...i broke my heel a few years ago and have a metal plate, etc. while these are some of the most comfortable shoes i've ever put on, the crepe sole is not getting along with my heel at all and the lack of traction isn't helping. i wish P.F. would make a desert boot!

i'm now looking at the red wing GT. how is it as far as around town walking comfort goes?

any other boots to look at that are styled similarly and really comfortable? i'm looking for stuff that can be worn casually for the most part.

Essentio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
i got swept up in the great desert boot fiasco of 2008 and ended up with some beeswax DBs. i love the look of them but, unfortunately, they aren't working for me.

long story short...i broke my heel a few years ago and have a metal plate, etc. while these are some of the most comfortable shoes i've ever put on, the crepe sole is not getting along with my heel at all and the lack of traction isn't helping. i wish P.F. would make a desert boot!

i'm now looking at the red wing GT. how is it as far as around town walking comfort goes?

any other boots to look at that are styled similarly and really comfortable? i'm looking for stuff that can be worn casually for the most part.

If walking comfort is the primary target, I can recommend Ecco boots, the wider models. They are ugly but comfort-wise one of the best I've owned. Good to get them on sales, as if used heavily (given the comfort most will use them heavily) Ecco shoes don't last very long.

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint

if you have issues with desert boots, your going to have even more with GTs.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
GT's have a long and sometimes difficult break-in time. They are very comfortable after that.
Aldens are ortho boots so they may be better.

mrtophat

Reaction score
have you tried just throwing some gel inserts into your shoes? Might be a easier fix.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrtophat
have you tried just throwing some gel inserts into your shoes? Might be a easier fix.

True. Over the counter Dr. Scholl's (sic?) products like heel inserts or heel liners may be a much cheaper alternative to a new pair of boots.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This was such a useless necro....

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Essentio
If walking comfort is the primary target, I can recommend Ecco boots, the wider models. They are ugly but comfort-wise one of the best I've owned. Good to get them on sales, as if used heavily (given the comfort most will use them heavily) Ecco shoes don't last very long.

Don't take this the wrong way, but what kind of drugs makes someone reply to a year and a half old thread and then recommend ****** shoes?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not one that disses new members, but this is a total noob fail.

centrix

Reaction score
this made my day

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
necromancia non grata

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads