• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Come check out my Juicy Couture Jacket!

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this Jacket on the 'Bay and thought it looked pretty cool. Its a Juicy Couture brand (Begin the flames) and its an XL. So I get it in today and it actually is pretty cool - its just a little too big for me. Im 6'1, 215 and normally wear an XL in jackets but might have been able to size down in this.

Its black denim and says its made in macau from 88% cotton, 11% nylon and 1% spandex and to dry clean only. Is this safe to iron? Its pretty wrinkly.

Either way, here is me and here is the model pic. I want it slim and snug like that. Think a tailor can bring in the back on this ***** to make it snug? There is a seam down the middle of the back and one on each between the middle seam and sides I think.

On Me:
000_0022.jpg

000_0024.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

Model:
8c5f_1_sbl.jpg

So, whaddaya'll think??

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also....its much blacker than the model pic and much more shiny but not stiff by any means. Will this get some good contrast on it you think?

Also, outside of the buttons there is no visible branding on the jacket.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terrible.

I don't know where or how I'd wear that.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TowleY

Reaction score
yours looks alot different than the one in the model pic haha. I think it looks fine otherwise a tailor should be able to make it as tight as you want just let them know what u want done.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
yours looks alot different than the one in the model pic haha. I think it looks fine otherwise a tailor should be able to make it as tight as you want just let them know what u want done.

I find that black people are able to pull off the juicy label a little better than white guys.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i own i think 4 pieces of juicy couture, i wear them now and then, i got them for free, so whatever

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too big, try on a size L and see how that works, pick whatever's better and tailor that.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top pockets look really high and weird.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on wierd pocket placement

don't really like the look of it on you or the model

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is rather unremarkable. You could layer under it and call it a barn jacket.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
It's too big obviously but not knowing the difference in sizing between the XL and L, I don't know what to tell ya.

If you go down to a Large you run the risk of the sleeves being too short. If you try to alter the XL too much you are going to ruin the jacket.

The biggest problem Ihave with my clothes is the sleeves are usually way to short if I get a Large, but the rest of it becomes too big if I get an XL.

Should I check with my tailor to see what he can do for a price (note, this jacket was only $60 so I dont want to put too much into it) or just try to sell it on ebay to someone it will fit better?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the **** are you people talking about? The jacket fits him fine, and it looks a lot like a less subtle, Juicy-fied version of the black Rag and Bone waxed work coat. It's not amazing, but it's not bad.

You could get a tailor to suppress the waist. Because of the weight and stiffness of the fabric, it's not necessary, and it might not be desirable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads