Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Column of Suit, Tie, Etc. Thrifting?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by firefit, May 30, 2016.

1. firefit

firefit Senior Member

This is asking for advice, but I haven't come across any thread on the site that details what I should definitely thrift or not thrift.
    I'd seen a different website that details some of the suit brands that I should thrift for sure, I'll try to find it and put the link below, but It's not exactly comprehensive because I've seen so many brands and the ones they listed are not completely in-depth. Any thoughts?

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

What most guys on the forum do is just post here http://www.styleforum.net/t/480919/...ging-thread-part-ii-return-to-the-thunderdome and ask if it's something worth buying. The guys in that thread are really helpful and they'll let you know if you have something.

3. Van Veen

Van Veen Distinguished Member

Just FYI if you start posting a lot of questions, you're going to be told to read the entire thread, parts 1 and 2. Read as much of that thread as you can. eBay sold listings are also helpful to check the market value of an item.

Another good resource is this page on @Brianpore's site showing the brands he accepts.

4. firefit

firefit Senior Member

Will do. Thank you guys.