• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Columbiaknit Knit Cap Group Buy?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^
Hey guys, FYI, I just bought a dozen of these last month, and the hats stay at 2.50/hat after 10. So don't be afraid to stock up!

They're sorta cheap looking. Perplexed why some of you guys would want "stock up" on a dozen of these things as if you were buying underwear or socks.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't decide between red, sky, and navy, so I just want all 3 of those colors please.

S-Town

Reaction score

They're sorta cheap looking. Perplexed why some of you guys would want "stock up" on a dozen of these things as if you were buying underwear or socks.

I bought them for several people. But even so, why not have as many colors as you want. It's not like underwear at all. It's more like having a bunch of colors of tees. Anyway, they are VERY thick, 100% cotton, made in Portland. For the price, it's an incredible deal.

poorman

Reaction score

haha. I don't know either, I think once you buy a whole bunch of colors, you'll end up wearing only one or two and wonder why you did all that in the first place.

poorman

Reaction score

would living in Canada change anything? I would love a sky and navy.

Yeah, your shipping for the flat rate envelope goes up to $11.95.
I don't know how much of a deal it would be for you now.

& the list is updated now and we have enough people and since I want my hats a.s.a.p. I'll send you guys an invoice and place an order haha.

Invoice sent. Please, include you address when you respond I forgot to mention that.

4 Navy
2 Red
1 Sky
1 Green
2 Cardinal

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm gonna be the naysayer here and say that I don't see anything special about these caps. I bought one, the colors and price are nice. I don't like the fit at all, it looks huge and ridiculous on my head. I'll never wear it.

If you've never bought one I'd think twice. I had been eyeing a Margiela one, and tried to get this as a cheap alternative. Ended up with the Margiela, not because of the name or price, but because it actually fits me well. I don't see the hype in these besides the low price and nice colors. They just don't look good.

Maybe they would on someone with a bigger head, I'm a 7 3/8th head, 5'10" 150 lbs. It just looks ridiculous with my frame and head size.

Commence flaming. I had to say it.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I totally agree. Read above comment. I'd rather have one nice one even if it is expensive.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well because I am a poor Midwestern guy who cares more on price/value and function I want them.

However,
@MSSneaker If you still have the cap, would you mind posting a fit pic? I am a 7 1/4, 5'9 140 If you find it to be big, it may be huge for me.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well because I am a poor Midwestern guy who cares more on price/value and function I want them.
However,
@MSSneaker If you still have the cap, would you mind posting a fit pic? I am a 7 1/4, 5'9 140 If you find it to be big, it may be huge for me.

I probably won't end up posting a fit pic, I'll see if I can later today, but I can almost guarantee it is going to look big on you if it looks big on me, considering we are almost the same height/weight build and your head is slightly smaller.

I also have to say, in terms of price/value, you get what you pay for with them. Sure they are well made, I guess, and if you like chunky hats they are a good buy, but you're not getting some kind of great deal on these. They are a 15 dollar hat, and they look and feel like a 15 dollar hat.

I'd say my more expensive beanie functions much better, but it was more costly, and probably not a great value for a lot of people. But, I'd rather have one great hat for more than a dozen hats in different colors.

I seriously don't know where these got hyped so hard. Maybe I am just hating and they are great for some people and fit them well, I don't know. The way it fits me I wouldn't think it came from advice on SF or Sufu.

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I like loose cap but big is a nono :eek:

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"I'm from the Midwest". Isn't that robbie's favorite excuse whenever he posts a fit involving cheap pieces that nobody likes? It's as if some Midwesterners are always apologizing for their area not being a SWPL place. Kind of annoying. Have you considered spearheading a campaign to get Whole Foods, IKEA, some urban ghetto slums, some extra violence (to "keep it real"), and a vibrant gay arts community in your town?

How can clothing be important enough to you that you post to an on-line fashion board (something almost no males do), yet you want to buy a dozen cheap looking hats each of which cost less than a fast food meal?! This is likely a false sense of economy.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

"I'm from the Midwest". Isn't that robbie's favorite excuse whenever he posts a fit involving cheap pieces that nobody likes? It's as if some Midwesterners are always apologizing for their area not being a SWPL place. Kind of annoying. Have you considered spearheading a campaign to get Whole Foods, IKEA, some urban ghetto slums, some extra violence (to "keep it real"), and a vibrant gay arts community in your town?
How can clothing be important enough to you that you post to an on-line fashion board (something almost no males do), yet you want to buy a dozen cheap looking hats each of which cost less than a fast food meal?! This is likely a false sense of economy.

Chicago has all of those and they are "mid west." Also have some of the worst (at least men's) shopping for a metropolitan city, guess it proves that point a bit.

I totally agree with everything you are saying, hence why I hopped on this thread to give my opinion on these cheap caps. Believe me, I'd love for them to be better, I bought one.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see your point. But you see huge part of my reason for getting these were same as the people in 'winter boots that arent ugly'thread-- it sucks to have a decent gear wasted in a season.
Whos robbie anyway?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads