1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Coloured linings in bespoke/MTM suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GBR, May 18, 2006.

1. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Well you've got me there, though it's subtle compared to some of the linings described in the rest of the thread - when wearing a white shirt it blends in.
    It's subtle compared to a bright color or patterned lining but only in theory. Actually choosing white would tell me that you wanted a colored one but chickened out. A lot of American men will choose a bold pattern if it hasn't any color or a bold color if it hasn't any pattern, so I understand that the hesitation is wides spread. I actually didn't get fancy linings until recently, mostly because I didn't care until recently but I have not noticed a negative reaction to a fancy lining and quite the reverse it is an accepted flourish. Even people that dress like crap or very drably, seem to like the linings. At the worst it starts a conversation about whether you have your clothing specially made. It could be a sign of the times, fancy linings are back in the public eye; bad for the contrarians but good for those who don't like to shock the horses too much. For work suits, except for bright greens (I dont mind a mint, aqua or bottle green) and orange, I dont think there's a color I wouldnt consider.

2. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

I have a navy jacket with an electric white Bemberg lining. Its a year old and has not yellowed at all from perspiration. I have not dry cleaned it yet, though. Of course I brush and steam so I may never dry clean it, merely having it pressed.

The white looks very nice IMO. It shocking but very stomach-able.