• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colors...

isaac17

Reaction score
Is pink to feminine? I have a very nice pink cotton shirt that I wear with Ralph Lauren Khaki's and I'm getting funny stares.

GatorStyle

Reaction score
Isaac, check out the earlier thread (maybe a month or so ago) on this exact topic- whether pink is OK. That should answer your question.

Europe's Finest

Reaction score
It always depends on where you are and if YOU feel comfortable. I know that pink in Europe is nothing special (or feminine) any more, but I've rarely seen Americans wearing this color and I'm pretty sure that a lot of 'em consider it as "gay".
I personally wanna impress my surrounding with my clothes, so I would stick to something more classic, more accepted by society. But if you don't care about other people's opinions than you should wear pink wit pride because it's a nice color and looks great with khakis.
Although I assume that you care, otherwise you would not have opened this Topic, so if you feel uncomfortable with wearing pink, you shouldn't force youself to just because sombody said it's trendy...

European Interloper

Reaction score
A touch of femininity often brings out your masculinity through contrast. If you can feel comfortable in a pink, purple, or fuschia shirt, educated people won't look at you strangely. However, in America, the social climate is oddly homophobic. For this reason, people will look at you funny. The key is to not notice. The people you want to know and want to have like you should not care about how 'gay' your style is. I wear pinks and purples often, as they're very complimentary colours, as women discovered a long time ago. You may also notice and point out to other people that top celebrities in America- male celebrities- wear purples and pinks. Brad Pitt, who recently made it with the American male demographic, is one such person.
If you want to match at a higher level than khakis, try wearing purple shirt in a suit. You can wear light purple or a subdued pink with a shiny grey similar to the sheen on the suits in Ocean's Eleven. I hoped this helped.
--European Interloper

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would recommend that you hold off on wearing pink until you are confident about it. Regardless of what you are wearing, nothing is as emasculated as a man unsure of himself.

I personally like the look of a pink dress shirt under a grey or navy suit. Its a very good way to relax a suit (though not recommended at the office unless you are the boss.) On the other hand, I think that most guys sporting pink this summer will ultimately file it in the "what the hell was I thinking" folder.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
My opinion:

Khaki and pink just do not match well...Pink looks better with navy or gray, and khaki with just about anything but pink....

Could be because I used to have a boss who wore that combination as "business casual" and he was really difficult to work for...

Europe's Finest

Reaction score
Regardless of what you are wearing, nothing is as emasculated as a man unsure of himself.
That is exactly what I was trying to say. Good statement.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Michael

Reaction score
I think that you can get the same point across with light green, teal, sky blue, or yellow as you can with pink. To me pink says, in the words of Phil Vasser:

Winter sure was cold and miserable
Cooped up shut down, baby it was pitiful
Anyhow, it's over now we owe it to ourselves
To have a little fun
The pace car's pacing, now the green flags waving
Uh oh. Another six pack summer

In my own words, "It's spring now and it's time to not be so bleak again. Forget about the people that wronged you or you wronged last year, everything's new. Be ALIVE."

My general rule of thumb is you make this statement when wearing Easter M&M colors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads