• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

COLORFUL Bright tie? with black jacket, charcoal/grey pants, and white shirt

schmidty

Reaction score
Hey all

I'll be wearing a black jacket, with a charcoal colored pair of pants, and a white t shirt. IS there any ideas on a colored tie (i was thinking solid) that would look good with this? or should i stick to black tie? what about skinny ties?

The jacket will be worn probably about 50% of the night. if that means anything? lol

F. Corbera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are several great threads on StyFo about what tie to wear with a T-shirt.

schmidty

Reaction score
i've been searching. im a bit new. sorry. any tips on where to look

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey all

I'll be wearing a black jacket, with a charcoal colored pair of pants, and a white t shirt. IS there any ideas on a colored tie (i was thinking solid) that would look good with this? or should i stick to black tie? what about skinny ties? 

The jacket will be worn probably about 50% of the night. if that means anything? lol 

I think a checkered tie would look very good with a tshirt.

Glennie ties are da bomb.com too: http://www.ericglennie.com/verticalcongruentnecktie.html

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 109 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%