• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color tone of C&J Swansea?

CashmereLover

Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif

I will most likely purchase the C&J Swansea shoes from Pediwear for this autumn. The picture on their website indicates a different color tone than the picture of C&J's own websites (the UK Swedish) though. Does anyone know which picture that is most accurate?

1) Pediwear
2) C&J UK website
3) C&J Swedish website

(And then I will have the challenge to match the shoes with a belt, non-C&J as they are too expensive, and some gloves - probably Chester Jefferies or Madova.
confused.gif
)

1) http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/1024.php

2)
item1-63.jpeg

3)
swansea-db.jpg

CashmereLover

Reaction score
There is just one store where I live and they have almost nothing from C&J in stock. I might email Pediwear and ask about those photos, unless someone at SF knows.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are buying shoes you have never tried on or handled irl?

I wouldn't buy a Russian bride without meeting her at least once, unless she was really cheap.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Yes, I have the Westfield on the same last so I see no worries whatsoever. Even if I did, it's not a big deal to return them.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Swansea a few months back.

The pictures with the most true-to-real-life color are the one from C&J website and Pediwear.

The Swedish one is pretty true to life as well, it is simply because it was taken with flash, hence the color looks lighter than real life.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't see the first photo, but my pair are closest to photo 2. But a little less red. They are a nice medium-dark brown.

FWIW, the Swanseas are a little roomier around the instep (being bluchers) than the Westfields, but they otherwise fit the same.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
I bought a pair of Swansea a few months back.

The pictures with the most true-to-real-life color are the one from C&J website and Pediwear.

The Swedish one is pretty true to life as well, it is simply because it was taken with flash, hence the color looks lighter than real life.

Great, thanks for confirming.

Originally Posted by Parker
I can't see the first photo, but my pair are closest to photo 2. But a little less red. They are a nice medium-dark brown.

FWIW, the Swanseas are a little roomier around the instep (being bluchers) than the Westfields, but they otherwise fit the same.

Odd, it seems like you have to log in to see the real picture. Anyway, I edited the post and put a link there instead.

I prefer a more red tone, so I guess I'll need to chose shoe cream carefully.

Seems strange that they would fit differently, as it's the same last (341)? Anyway, I suppose they will fit nicely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads