1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Color matching: Edward Green & Saphir

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Modic, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Modic

Modic Active Member

Searched some time there seem no centralized post for this topic.
    I guess most of Edward Green owners use Saphir shoe cream/wax
    Why don't you share your matching?
    Let me start with my choice

Edward Green - Saphir
    Dark Oak - 05 Dark Brown (sometimes 01 black for antiquing)
    Edwardian - 03 Light Brown (09 Mahogany for antiquing)
    Burgundy - 08 Burgundy (sometimes 01 black for antiquing)
    Burnt Pine - 37 Mid Brown (05 Dark Brown for antiquing)

2. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

I use Saphir's neutral polish for my non-black EG shoes - bronze antique, midnight blue, old rose & chameleon

3. dinowhite

dinowhite Well-Known Member

Of the Saphir ('gold medal') products, I also prefer to use Saphir’s neutral polish
    Not just for EGs but in general

This runs counter to Saphir's popularity and hence- I assume- to most people's 'user experience', but I have found that Saphir coloured creams have a tendency to 'take away' the original colour of the upper if there is a mismatch and so unless you know what matches with some certainty- perhaps as suggested by Modic for the EG colours case- you may well end up with some local discoloration

Bottom line, I hesitate to use Saphir coloured creams and prefer creams that lead to little/no discoloration when there is a mismatch; unless I am trying to ‘change things’ (more general than antiquing)

4. Modic

Modic Active Member

I agree your statement.
    That's one of the purposes of this post, to collect experiences from you those expertises on color matching.

People said using neutral for a long time darkens the color.
    Do you find the case?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  5. Modic

Modic Active Member

Do appreciate your sharing
    :happy: