• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color contest: gray. Sponsored by Kent Wang

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
1159[1].gif
edmorel and iammatt are slowly converging into one person...

we shall call thim edismatt
teacha.gif

laugh.gif

emptym

Reaction score
+1,
laugh.gif
on the edismatt.

While I don't know what he does, Ed's outfit is perfectly wearable in academia. I wore mine to work that day. My students loved the tie. That's one of the perks of the job. You can wear jeans one day and a suit the next.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys, it's only a contest for $50 of kent's stuff
smile.gif

It's cool to not like my stuff or think it's inappropriate for work (I wore that to work) but these contests are all about fun and people should not be discouraged to post the "wackier" stuff they wear as we all do different things and have different tastes. And Soph, I know you don't hate the outfit and even if you did, it's your right to have that opinion
smile.gif

Anyway, this was the original pic I was going to submit, it's the bathrrom at my financial services job, I just didn't think the pic was good enough to submit. And I also wore the red plaid pants to work. The women at my job loved both
mwink[1].gif
as did Mimmo Spano when I bumped into him. You wanna talk about a crazy dresser......
ed.jpg

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual gray for a Saturday morning. Gray shawl collar sweater. Dark gray Dunhill flannel trousers with light gray and orange check. Gray, black and brown Pantherella multistripe socks. Gray stripe sock garters.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent

Dork!

I think the next contest should be for go-to-hell pants.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
1159[1].gif
edmorel and iammatt are slowly converging into one person...

we shall call thim edismatt
teacha.gif

ed - I like your tie today because (a) it's not blue and (b) it reaches your belt

Just keep in mind that I am the handsome one. Interestingly enough, the tie for me, is the "weirdest" aspect of my outfit.

Originally Posted by Manton
Dork!

I think the next contest should be for go-to-hell pants.

I like this idea but something tells me that VG and iammatt have a couple of aces up their sleeves in that regard.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I like this idea but something tells me that VG and iammatt have a couple of aces up their sleeves in that regard.
Somehow I doubt they have an array of critter-embroidered pants.
smile.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I'd have to go with Baron thus far. His style is very accessible for 2008, stylish but not distractingly so. Some of the combinations while interesting and even vaunted on SF.com, I cannot fathom in any business situation or social event without undesired distraction from the audience's wandering eyes. Let me clarify this is not a criticism of Ed's entry simple because my post falls beneath his, but something to keep in mind as one peruses the entire contest or board for that matter. There should be a functionality to any uniform. Ed will tell you I'm a fran of much he stylishly offers as his PM box will pay testament to.
Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not sure it applies very well even to me in my own life. Hardly anybody I know dresses up at all - in my work or my social life - so I attract attention and comments when I dress up in almost every setting. I went to a wedding party a just before Christmas that was really just a gathering in a bar after a city hall ceremony, but the invite said "Dress Up!" So of course I was one of two guys there wearing a suit and tie. I was the only person wearing a tie to my 20th high school reunion. Pocket squares, ties, suede shoes - all of these things draw attention most places I go. The point is, we're all vain and ridiculous dandies and we like it that way, so flying under the radar is pretty much a lost cause at this point.

emptym

Reaction score
Vintage Gent, you truly are a vintage gent!
Who else wears sock garters on a casual Saturday morning?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
The point is, we're all vain and ridiculous dandies and we like it that way, so flying under the radar is pretty much a lost cause at this point.

Uh, I don't know what you're talking about...
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads