• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color combos for blue and brown suits?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some good combinations for a brown suit and a blue suit which I have. I need some recommendations for ties, shirts, etc that would go good with this. I have a few pairs of AEs at my disposal so shoes are not an issue.

Any ensembles to recommend?

TIA
JB

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I'm looking for some good combinations for a brown suit and a blue suit which I have. I need some recommendations for ties, shirts, etc that would go good with this. I have a few pairs of AEs at my disposal so shoes are not an issue.

Any ensembles to recommend?

TIA
JB

This is a really vague question.

What you need to do is start here and then throw out to the crowd here if a combo you create with those principles works.

Otherwise the possibilities are almost infinite.

mrchapel

Reaction score
My suggestions:

Brown Suit:

- Pink shirt
- Black or Navy tie
- Black or dark brown/cordovan shoes

- White shirt
- Burnt orange tie (dark orange)
- Black or dark brown/cordovan shoes

Blue suit:

- Light blue shirt
- Navy blue tie
- Black shoes

- White with blue stripes
- Electric blue tie
- Black shoes

Honestly, some colors and combinations vary depending on the person. Sometimes they look good, sometimes not. Sometimes it's just about confidence. I'd suggest trying some combinations out, perhaps even take some snapshots and post them on here for a color review, but then again, color is very subjective, and opinions are likely to vary.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll try out some of the mentioned ideas and take some pics for you guys when my camera gets back from the shop so you can comment. Thanks!

JB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads