1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Color and style sportscoat to go with dark navy trousers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mcfmcf, Apr 13, 2011.

1. S. Magnozzi

S. Magnozzi Senior member

Browns go beautifully with blue trousers, in particular if your pants are not a fine business worsted weave I have seen a sand/beige SC go very well with navy herringbone pants. Accent with tan/chestnut.

The hate on this forum for navy pants primarily stems from the influence of 2 people: [​IMG] and manton. And then you have all the johnny come latelys trying to prove their e-street cred to each other by trying to outdo each other in clothing fundamentalism.

As with most things pertinent to MC, I think it is a matter of tradition and different influences. I would for instance never wear an odd charcoal trouser and have none, for much the same reason as with navy blue. In general I just prefer lighter coloured trousers with sports jackets. I leave solemnity to all those days wearing suits.