Colognes you wear?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by sirhc, Jan 26, 2004.

1. csfbguy

csfbguy Active Member

Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Paul Smith (green bottle)
    Chanel Platinum d'Egoiste
    Helmut Lang Cuiron
    Burberry Touch
    Cartier Pasha

I really like the new Ralph Lauren Romance Silver, might pick it up sometime soon.

2. The Dandy

The Dandy Active Member

I'm really surprised at the dislike of Creed fragrances. Personally, I really like Green Irish Tweed and Vintage Tabarome. For light wear, I will occasionally use Eau Savage or Polo. In addition, I usually use Trumper's Extract of Limes as an aftershave.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I wear:

Dior - Higher

Paul Smith - Paul Smith for Men

Gucci - Gucci Pour Homme

Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male

Victoria's Secret - Very Sexy for Him (I know, shoot me, part of me is still stuck in my high school years)

4. theodoro

theodoro Member

I wear Christian Dior Eau Sauvage and Eau Sauvage Extreme, a neglected bottle of Chanel Antaeus gets occasional use.  On my list is Acqua di Parma, forgot to pick some up in Italy last year, seems Nieman Marcus is the only source stateside, no discount there.

Teo

5. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

I wear Ralph Lauren Romance and Eternity. Kind of a mood thing about which I decide to wear.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I don't know about the sources, but if you like AdP check out the Colonia Assoluta that supposedly smells almost the same but doesn't wear off so fast. I haven't found it yet but I want some to replace my huge splash bottle of AdP. I love the scent but it lasts about two hours no matter how much I use, and others have similar experiences.

Unrelatedly, I got Diesel Plus Plus (comes in a silver milk carton and bottle looks like a milk bottle) for $15-20 at Marshall's and it smells great. I think it must have come out right when I went to New York at the end of high school because I think of the trip every time I smell it. Milky, fresh, a little sweet but works well in hot weather.

7. Chilli padi

Chilli padi Active Member

I have just bought a new fragrance to wear when I don't feel like the orange blossominess (real word?) of Caron's L'Anarchiste.  It is called L'eau de Navigateur and it is made by L'Artisan Parfumeur in Paris.  To my (untrained) nose these are both in the woody/spicy family of scents.

8. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Has anyone actually tried Colonia Assoluta? If this is true that it dosn't wear off so fast, I NEED this cologne. I love the smell of ADP, and was so dissapointed with the staying power when I originally bought it.

Other than that, I've really haven't been wearing cologne at all for the past year, except for Old Spice; I love this stuff.

9. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

I really like the Colonia Assoluta, and on me it lasts all day and more. Note that how long a scent lasts has a lot to do with skin chemistry, so your experience may be different.

I've also never don a side by side comparison between the original AdP and CA, but I seem to recall CA is smokier than the original.

10. greg

greg Active Member

I rotate Issey Miyake, Burberry Weekend, Bulgari Extreme, Clinique Happy, Dreamer and something I have worn, on and off close to 20 years, Eau Sauvage. There was a time, here in NY, when almost every guy had Issey M on....it isn't as prevalent these days thankfully. I get the most compliments on Bulgari and Burberry Weekend probably because they're not as popular as Issey.

11. Looking to improve

Looking to improve Senior member

Hmm,

- Trumper's "Wellington" as a fresh day-to-day scent;
    - Eau Sauvage as a backup to the "Wellington" when I want something fresh and different than what I wore the day before;
    - Grey Flannel, A scent I bought more or less on a whim. I find it a bit overpowering and rarely wear it;
    - YSL 'Pour Homme', I had a bottle I recently rediscovered in my closet. I haven't used it in quite some time, but with spring finally taking hold...;
    - Penhaligon's "Racquet Formula": A recent acquisition. T4phage encouraged me to try their "Blenheim Bouquet". I thought that a bit too citrusy and ended up with this one after smelling through quite a few of their colognes. Added bonus: my girlfriend can't keep her hands off me when I wear it. T4phage, many thanks for pointing me to Penhaligon's.

MtB

12. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by Looking to Improve:
    No problems [​IMG] . Too citrusy huh? I thought the aroma was more: piney, tea, citrus. Did you get it at Celeste? For a totally different scent, try Lancome's "Trophee Lancome". A spring/summer scent that is mildly floral. Totally different but very very nice.

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Depending on the day I use, Cartier:

Declaration
    Pasha
    Eau de Cartier Concentree & regular versions.

Jon.

14. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

i typically don't wear any cologne, but i'll alternate between chanel egoiste platinum and van cleef & arpels...sort of two ends on the spectrum, depending on my mood.
    i was just in saks the other day, and tried a brand called bond something or other. the lady at the counter was a former mixer at creed, she said that bond was more exclusive, at the same price point, and had much longer staying power than creed. anyone hear of this one?

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin