• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cologne

eldridge

Reaction score
What are your favorite colognes and why?

I like Eternity because of its springlike qualities, I wear it whenever I feel playful and easygoing.

I wear Mania more for going out to nightclubs or whenever a more serious occasion is at hand. It has some sweet topnotes and end with a subdued musk/woody scent that I enjoy.

greg

Reaction score
This past spring I used Clinique Happy and Bulgari Extreme and this fall I plan to go back to Issey Miyake and Dreamer.

greg

Reaction score
This past spring I used Clinique Happy and Bulgari Extreme and this fall I plan to go back to Issey Miyake and Dreamer.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rotate between

Boss Hugo Boss
Emporio Armani
Aqua Di Gio
RL Romance

I have been looking all week for a new fragrance or 2 to add in... will probably decide next week on one. I've been to 3 different fragrance sellers so far and all have been ridiculously pushy with certain ones... totally not interested in helping me make a choice that I will like.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think cologne is a personal choice of what 'fits' a person/ personality, but to me there is none finer than Creed and Acqua Di Parma. i got rid of all my other colognes to wear only these two.

this is an interesting subject.....where do most people buy cologne? myself, i would stick to stores like Nordstrom and NM, websites like sephora or a site of similar type. that way, you can find something that EVERYONE else isn't wearing, that women associate with you alone.

my two cents.

aybojs

Reaction score
i posted this in a recent thread, but ill add it again: PerfumeBay and Scentiments are probably the two best places to get cologne; lots of selection, quick delivery, good serivce, and amazing prices. After shopping there, I just can't see anyone paying full department store prices for cologne.

davei

Reaction score
Relatives keep giving me Gaultier's "Le Male" as presents, so I wear that all the time. Helps that I like the scent
smile.gif
It's clean and somewhat soft, though not sharp and obvious. I also like L'eau d'Issey, it's crisp but not too "in your face", it's also clean and fresh smelling. Can someone try to describe Green Irish Tweed for me?

Timothy

Reaction score
I just recently picked up Salvatore Ferragamo's pour homme, and must say this is a really great cologne for Fall. I also love Bulgari Black, for nightlife, and Blue is good, but more so for the daytime.

Renwick

Reaction score
I like Dior's Farenheit because it smells unique and light but not flowery.

High_Roller

Reaction score
I alternate between Hugo (Hugo boss), Le Male (Jean Paul Gaultier), Rush (Gucci), Envy (Gucci), Polo (Ralph Lauren)...I think that's it.

I aquired a few samples of Pi, by Givenchy, which is actually my favorite. I just haven't got to buying it yet.

Barry Lyndon

Reaction score
My new personal favorite is Givenchy pour Homme. I have a problem with colognes vanishing half an hour after putting them on. This one has some staying power and is very light. My other personal favorite is Aqua di Gio. It smells like watermelon to me... i love it.
biggrin.gif

ulf

Reaction score
My staple is Santos de Cartier. I've been wearing it for at least 15 years, there's always a bottle in my fridge. It's woodsy, spicy, floral, fresh and powdery at the same time. There's an almost insencelike quality to it which I really like.

I usually have one or two other fragrances for variation, currently Cristobal pour homme by Balenciaga.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
I've been wearing it for at least 15 years, there's always a bottle in my fridge.
Is there an advantage in keeping fragrances cool? I have two bottles of Allure pour homme by Chanel (one I had, one was a gift). I won't have use for the second bottle for a while - should I be keeping it in the fridge?

ulf

Reaction score
Perfume should be kept dark and cool. Hence the fridge.

Other places are often warm and often brightly lit.

Perfumes generally last pretty long though, so unless you'll keep the bottle for one or more years it probably doesn't matter. But who knows how long its been sitting on a shelf before you got it?

European Interloper

Reaction score
For this discussion, I recommend Mania or Issey Miyake. Both can be bought in Cairo at a special store (the name evades me) that makes perfumes that smell exactly like Mania or Miyake, but are alcohol free. This increases their lastability and quality, and, regrettably, their price.
Otherwise, if you have the income, London's Creed it the best cologne manufacturer in the world. They design scents for you according to personality and taste, and every single cologne is perfect in that it evaporates on your skin to leave the exact right amount of scent. My cologne rule is that it should smell only when a girl is close enough to kiss, and Creed nailed it in one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads