1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cologne testers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by F4iryder14, Oct 2, 2003.

1. F4iryder14

F4iryder14 Senior member

Greetings gentlemen, I was looking to purchase some Kenneth Cole cologne off of E-Bay and see a lot of testers floating around for very cheap prices. My question - is a tester as good as a so called "normal" bottle of cologne, or are they best avoided due to possible age/chemical potency concerns? Â The description of one of the colognes (link at bottom) says they are the same, but of course that is the person trying to sell said item. Â Any advice or thoughts you guys have would be great. Â Thanks. Kevin http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=11846

2. freakseam

freakseam Senior member

I place little credence on tester/sample colognes for the possible reasons you supply.

3. mrprlover

mrprlover Senior member

From the experience that I've had with them...yes they are the same. Cologne reps are given a certain amount of quote testers to use at their disposal. Sometimes...they are given to customers (perhaps to meet sales quota) when they purchase a 'regular' cologne at 'regular' price. The only thing is that testers are not to be sold. I've used/been given some and can attest they are the same.

*Then again I don't sell cologne or work at Saks selling KC so someone who does might 'actually' know.* For 20 pesos you can't beat it. =]

4. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I'm not as sure about ebay, but lots of good discount cologne stores online like scentiments and perfumebay sell testers at a reduced price as well. I've ordered a good deal of them and have never noticed any lack of potency, quality, etc. The only real difference is you get a bottle with "tester" labelled on it and none of the fancy packaging.

5. 1ik96

1ik96 Member

6. F4iryder14

F4iryder14 Senior member

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

Kevin