Cologne testers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by F4iryder14, Oct 2, 2003.

1. F4iryder14

F4iryder14 Senior member

Greetings gentlemen, I was looking to purchase some Kenneth Cole cologne off of E-Bay and see a lot of testers floating around for very cheap prices. My question - is a tester as good as a so called "normal" bottle of cologne, or are they best avoided due to possible age/chemical potency concerns? Â The description of one of the colognes (link at bottom) says they are the same, but of course that is the person trying to sell said item. Â Any advice or thoughts you guys have would be great. Â Thanks. Kevin http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=11846

2. freakseam

freakseam Senior member

I place little credence on tester/sample colognes for the possible reasons you supply.

3. mrprlover

mrprlover Senior member

From the experience that I've had with them...yes they are the same. Cologne reps are given a certain amount of quote testers to use at their disposal. Sometimes...they are given to customers (perhaps to meet sales quota) when they purchase a 'regular' cologne at 'regular' price. The only thing is that testers are not to be sold. I've used/been given some and can attest they are the same.

*Then again I don't sell cologne or work at Saks selling KC so someone who does might 'actually' know.* For 20 pesos you can't beat it. =]

4. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I'm not as sure about ebay, but lots of good discount cologne stores online like scentiments and perfumebay sell testers at a reduced price as well. I've ordered a good deal of them and have never noticed any lack of potency, quality, etc. The only real difference is you get a bottle with "tester" labelled on it and none of the fancy packaging.

5. 1ik96

1ik96 Member

6. F4iryder14

F4iryder14 Senior member

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

Kevin