1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

College Theft

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Oct 26, 2006.

1. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Excellent post and advice aybojs. [​IMG]

2. j

j Senior member Admin

It's time to sharpen your knife collection while your roommate is around. BTW, even those little cheap fire safes can be screwed down to something from the inside, making them very hard to steal.

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

It's not the $100, it's the thought that the person you have to live with, or one of the friends you've trusted to be in your room alone would actually steal money from you. I'd be pissed if it were $5, just on principle. I hate shit like this, it just reminds me just how scum-sucking people can be. Property theft is probably outranked only by physical assault on the scumminess scale. I'd definitely set up the roomie as some kind of test. If he's got some kind of addiction that would make him stupid enough to steal from his roomie, he'd probably be stupid and desperate enough do it again.

Yeah, I'm gonna try that.

4. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Don't be a dick.

Yeah, Huntsman!

SMOKE that salmon!

5. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

The fact that someone was rifling my shit would bother me more than losing the $100.

You really need a sting operation. This is what web cams were designed for.

6. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to get out of this post. Are you simply ranting? If so, sorry your money got stolen.

If you are trying to spur discussion, I don't see how this could go on for more than one post. Everyone is going to tell you it sucks you got robbed and next time "be more careful." The End. Or in this case Repeat x 14

7. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

If you are trying to spur discussion, I don't see how this could go on for more than one post.

[​IMG]

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Learn some basic tradecraft. Losing $100 sucks, but in all honesty, you're blowing this out of proportion. If losing $100 meant you don't eat for the next month, this might be a bigger deal. If your roommate's a decent guy, it shouldn't be hard to ask him to keep a closer watch on your room. If not, you should be looking for a new roommate.

Tradecraft is important. Make sure you watch your six. At all times.

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

What did your roomate say about it, exactly?

My freshman year, I went halves on a VCR with my roomate. One day, I came home, and the VCR was missing. I freaked out. Asked the guys next door, talked to my RA, etc. My roomate came home, and I was like "our VCR got stolen!" and he said "I pawned it [for some weed money]. I'll pay you back, I swear." People do stupid things.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Living alone would solve these problems.

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

Living alone would solve these problems.

What's the fun in that, though?

Plus, usually hard to do in the dorms, unless it's your 2nd or 3rd year.

12. Flyer

Flyer Member

You know, I made it my top priority to show everyone my firearms license when I moved into res...

13. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Little did we know that Connie would learn the ins and outs of theft quite well.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

But the taxpayers are so easy to fleece :lookaround:

1 person likes this.