• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

College Student First Business Advice

maid13

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been lurking for sometime and now am making my first post. I am currently a college student and am looking at starting my first business but would like your advice as to whether my idea would work. Through a buddy's family I am able to get brand new Gucci suits and sell them at prices between $700 - $1000. The suits would be full canvass, thus the ones made by Zegna mainline, and I have access to multiple colors and sizes, although it is limited due to it coming directly from Gucci. Looking at eBay this is inline with the prices being sold.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=brand+new+gucci+suit&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbrand+new+mens+gucci+suit.TRS0&_nkw=brand+new+mens+gucci+suit&_sacat=0

Although this would be a low margin gain I expect to be able to sell 20+ a month which would give me good income as a college student. My plan is to sell globally on eBay and other sites possibly get my own if need be, and locally through facebook, craigslist, etc. I have read a few posts on here like the one below and know what I should add to my postings in order for customers to know exactly what they are getting before they buy.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/buying-and-selling-everything-now-designer-clothes-accessories.319515/

Do you all think this is a good plan, and if so what else should I think of and what sizes would you all recommend to get at first for quicker turnover? Below is one that I bought for myself, they quality is amazing on it compared to anything I could buy at these price points.

Thank you all for your input.

IMG_9241.jpg
IMG_9243.jpg

Fashate

Reaction score
This is quite hard. You gotta think that it's not always summer and there's only one Christmas. I mean you need to depend on crowds demand in business

Reaction score
Try reselling on some of the many apps out there for resale (I.e. poshmark).

I don’t think this is necessarily a bad idea, your competitive advantage is your sourcing. To finalize the sale you have to be available on many distribution channels and be able to prove authenticity to potential customers. If you’re targeting to sell 20+ suits per month, that could potentially be done in person. Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.