1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

College Fashion Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fireshower, Jul 20, 2009.

1. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Well according to Hegel, you'd need to achieve Synthesis to get that poon. Add 1 part ubiquitous college fashion trend + 4 shots of Jager/Johnny Walker (Choose your weapon) and you will be well on your way toward a both satisfying and later realization that you left your rainbow sandals at her house and your American Apparel Deep V Neck isn't enough to keep you warm in the streets at 3am. That aside, after 3 years of college in Southern California, i've seen both the frat boy/sorority flipflop, ugg boot cocktail, buffalo flannel shirt + Nike shoes + moose knuckle denim, and finally the third category being everything else in between. Each crowd feels pretty comfortable in their own skin and I hardly ever see anybody being knocked around for their threads. That being said, their is something to be said about a guy who knows when to pull out the sartorial guns and don a well fitting suit and be comfortable in his own skin. Other days, everyone from the undergrads to professors are somewhere in this region: [​IMG]

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Honestly, if you're personable, can schmooz, decent looking, and alcohol is involved, it isn't rocket science to get laid

3. Lel

Lel Senior member

Honestly, if you're personable, can schmooz, decent looking, and alcohol is involved, it isn't rocket science to get laid

The ones who need help with girls probably are the rocket scientists.

4. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Senior member

plain and simple

5. jkc_val

jkc_val Member

A decent blazer has multi uses and a decent one can be affordable on a budget.

6. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

great thread.

i've been looking for a new belt, can't decide if i want another ribbon belt or something leather. any suggestions for belts?

I also made a thread asking for shoe advice but didnt get many responses (thanks epaulet). aside from vans and boat shoes what else is worthy of looking into?

Bump this question.

7. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

A decent blazer has multi uses and a decent one can be affordable on a budget.

I'm guessing you don't pull this off nearly as well as you think. I rarely see college kids or even 20/30somethings pull off casual blazers well. Like with casual vests, just because GQ uses a really attractive model with a good body, perfectly tailored (usually expensive) clothing, and professional cameramen and make simple outfits look great in photoshoots, doesn't mean it will look good on joe blow going to the mall to "copy the look"

9. aizan

aizan Senior member

great thread.

i've been looking for a new belt, can't decide if i want another ribbon belt or something leather. any suggestions for belts?

I also made a thread asking for shoe advice but didnt get many responses (thanks epaulet). aside from vans and boat shoes what else is worthy of looking into?

loafers, driving shoes, tretorn + spring court tennis shoes, quoddy bluchers, chukkas, desert boots, canvas repetto zizis.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

I'm guessing you don't pull this off nearly as well as you think. I rarely see college kids or even 20/30somethings pull off casual blazers well. Like with casual vests, just because GQ uses a really attractive model with a good body, perfectly tailored (usually expensive) clothing, and professional cameramen and make simple outfits look great in photoshoots, doesn't mean it will look good on joe blow going to the mall to "copy the look"

+1

I see too many people in college who aren't either really thin or in good shape wearing crappy cotton blazers that are a size too big. Very few people can wear them off the rack without tailoring. If it doesn't fit great then you look like a kid playing dress up.

11. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

great thread.

Tanner goods does great strap leather belts, if you decide to go that route, in a variety of styles and colors for reasonable prices. They are masculine and pretty easy to pull off with almost any shoe unless its really athletic looking.

Clark's desert boots are a comfortable classic for less than 100 bucks that look great with most styles a college kid would likely wear. Slip on vans are also classics in my opinion and I'll never be without a pair. The boat shoe thing is becoming an abused trend even though the shoe itself is timeless. When I was in school I just tried to make sure my shoes were low maintenance and versatile.

12. Dw3610wm

Dw3610wm Senior member

i only wear john galliano in college

[​IMG]

I actually full-on loled