1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

College Backpack Ideas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by parc, Jun 12, 2011.

1. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Try looking on army surplus sites. They have vintage looking backpacks. My favorite are Swiss backpacks - they just have a cool, timeless style to them!

2. Victorp

Victorp New Member

BUMP!! I've been wondering the exact same thing!

3. Victorp

Victorp New Member

BUMP!! I've been wondering the exact same thing!

4. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

5. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Senior member

I just got this Rag & Bone backpack/rucksack for Christmas and I've been thrilled with it so far. Surprisingly roomy with a really nice cotton lining, great construction and the perfect size. Do wish there was more than one interior pocket though.

[​IMG]

6. Kane

Kane Senior member

Note that the leather patch lines up directly with the nylon webbing (i.e. strap) loop down at the bottom. Traditionally, the patch holds some webbing too, with a buckle or a quick release. On packs where people actually use these things for what they were intended for, the combination of loop below and strap above allows you to strap on an icepick or walking pole, or axe or even a crossbow: secure the butt end of the polearm on the loop below, and bind the length of the webbing up above.

Like so:

[​IMG]

7. DannyJman

DannyJman Well-Known Member

That is looking fresh - But i would try to take a duffer bag type where you can just take out your papers and use them again.

8. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

I have a friend who makes patch fabric backpacks in Toronto:
    [​IMG]

monotone:
    [​IMG]

laptop messenger:
    [​IMG]

I think the first big bag is available at lavish and squalor or Ruins on queen west. I think the laptop one was for a friend and the monotone ones are new.

9. ja cob

ja cob Member

I love my Fjallraven Kanken laptop bag. Very light, durable (at least for the last two years of daily use) and waterproof, especially after I treated it with Greenland wax. They're a around $100 USD and great if you want function with a minimalist rucksack look.

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/fjall-raven/kanken-15-laptop-bag.html --- Fjallraven Laptop Kanken

1 person likes this.
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Sorry but I REALLY hate those they give me flash back to when I was in school and the only people you saw with them were teachers.

I'm pretty sure Oslo was the same as Copehagen back in the 80-90's

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

link

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, I'm also interested.

13. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

I don't think she has a site up yet as she is only selling them locally in Toronto, but I can talk to her and see. Price wise I think she is planning to sell the monotone ones for $60, but that seems pretty cheap since she makes them one by one so not sure. Patch bags are more expensive.

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Is there any chance that I can talk with her? I would love to order a laptop messenger with shoulder strap

15. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

She told me she's on a temporary hiatus as she's waiting for some materials she ordered. The messenger above is supposed to have a strap but it just hasn't been attached yet. I'll ask her for her email and PM you when she gives it to me so you can get in contact.

1 person likes this.
  16. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

everlane backpacks are super sick

17. Cheezewhiz

Cheezewhiz Member

I'm also interested in those patch/monotone backpacks. May I also get the contact information when available.

18. zwatson

zwatson Member

Anyone here have any experience with any of the products from the Jansport Heritage line? Specifically the Kegger?

19. centrix

centrix Senior member

yes i would like to get her contact please

20. silvermagenta

silvermagenta Well-Known Member