1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

College Backpack Ideas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by parc, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

Can't decide on the Indigo or the Organic joshu+vela Backpack.. I wear a shit ton of navy so I'm thinking the Organic would be better.. If anyone happens to own one can you comment on the quality please? Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. parc

parc Well-Known Member

Since they both are muted colours they are equally versatile and allow for them to be paired with almost any outfit. Seeing as you wear a lot of navy I would say go with the cream/off-white version so you don't look like everything on you is matching.

I read and article that @lachyzee linked to in an earlier post about a review a guy did on the white canvas Makr bag and the guy believed that he enjoyed his white bag more cause of the various stains it got that made the bag more personal. Saying that if you don't want stains to be too pronounced then go for the navy version.

3. parc

parc Well-Known Member

Question: Why are higher-end bag makers omitting bottle pockets on their bags? I realize the traditional bottle holders are made using mesh and elastic which decrease the appeal of a bag to people looking at that end of the market, but couldn't they design their own version of holders since a holder is a handy thing to have. For example, Makr makes a beautifully crafted bag and what they did was use some of the canvas to make bottle holders that look great on the bag without comprising the look of the bag.

When a backpack is made without one of its most key parts it is more of a fashion accessory than a student's commodity to me.

4. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

When was a bottle carrier a 'key part' of a bag?

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

6. Islander

Islander Senior member

Drew you should make some bags.

7. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG]

My bag for this year

8. drechie

drechie Senior member

very very very nice ^^^^ N.F

9. parc

parc Well-Known Member

It may seem like a trivial thing to others, but I carry a bottle of water and a coffee mug everyday to my classes and not having bottle pockets are a key part of a backpack to me. I will admit that post is quite funny reading it now.

10. itsdonealredy

itsdonealredy New Member

I really like my custom Timbuk2 messenger bag, it has a laptop sleeve built in, useful pockets, waterproof liner, and easier access to all my stuff. i have had it for 2 years now and it has been around the world with me and through a motorcycle crash, its still going strong.

using the customizer on their website you can make a bag that no one else will have. they also offer custom backpacks but those dont look as good as the messengers imo. just be sure to buy a strap pad with it.

11. dogatemyhw

dogatemyhw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Kawaii factor is high ovah here!

12. centrix

centrix Senior member

that bag is an alice pack... i carry those in the army right now haha, google it. last time i saw one for sale was at the army shop at around 200 sgd

13. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Do you think this bag is a bit small?

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

If you only continued making bags.. :violin:

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

Bottle holders are useless to me. I carry around a gallon jug on campus lol

16. wispa

wispa Member

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Almost all children's school bags, have bottle holders now a days (at least around here):crazy:

18. Samir

Samir Senior member

Does anyone understand the significance of this leather patch design - diamond with parallel spaces - that's common with different brands' backpacks?
    [​IMG]
    Drifter, Parrot Canvas, Herschel Supply, etc. all have bags sporting this - a simple matter of copying designs? Maybe a marker of a shared production site?

19. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

I find that with my needs an external pack is more comfortable. It can't be beat for buying a week's worth of groceries.

For me, a Jansport D2 was the ticket, bought on sale:

[​IMG]
    At 5 lbs, its not a good deal heavier than an internal frame pack! Getting it set up was the hard part but now I find it comfortable.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  20. 951socal

951socal Senior member

idk, but i love that 1911, wish my beat to hell colt looked like that, but screw it, got some chip mccormick magazines for mine and it's honestly the best gun i own, beats the hell out of the bravo company ar i have sitting in the safe