1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

College Backpack Ideas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by parc, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

2. aizan

aizan Senior member

domke f-802 satchel. it's a camera bag, but it can hold a laptop and your books.

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

I go to school in Canada and the place I'm at gets a lot of rain during Autumn and quite a but of snow in the Winter so durability is paramount over style and thought my best chance to have both is to go for a trekking a.k.a. daypack
    Topo is a relatively new company but I've been reading many good comments about the construction of their bags and the materials they utilize.
    I'll be checking out the bags on Dana as well.

I'm not saying Topo is bad, just I haven't heard of them. Last trek I did was in Nepal last November but I haven't really followed the gear stuff in a while. Dana Design should be almost impossible to find since they weren't that big to start with but once the new Macbook Air comes out I'll finally be able to use that pack again. Damn heavy and huge 16' laptops.

4. duomo

duomo New Member

Nomadic Wise Walker

[​IMG]

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Black jansport with the patch taken off. Durable, really cheap, and reasonably comfortable. Also incognito enough to carry around to concerts/coffee shops/hiking/biking without looking like a tool. Otherwise, +1 on the discontinued ToJ suede packs
    I carry a Porter briefcase on campus. Backpacks are for high school.
    Fucking lol at this. College is literally no different from high school, but I'm sure you'd fit in well with the all the business bros

6. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

[​IMG]

I got a blk pine and like it.

7. g transistor

^Like those versions a lot. How much are they?

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Black jansport with the patch taken off. Durable, really cheap, and reasonably comfortable. Also incognito enough to carry around to concerts/coffee shops/hiking/biking without looking like a tool. Otherwise, +1 on the discontinued ToJ suede packs

Fucking lol at this. College is literally no different from high school, but I'm sure you'd fit in well with the all the business bros

I go to business school (undergrad) and the only time you would have a briefcase is pretty much never. Unless you wanted to bring that to an interview or something but then you just bring a slim leather portfolio. It screams tool and trying too hard and to be perfectly honest weird.

On weekends I love having different bags but I would never mix that with normal schoo.

9. g transistor

I go to business school (undergrad) and the only time you would have a briefcase is pretty much never. Unless you wanted to bring that to an interview or something but then you just bring a slim leather portfolio. It screams tool and trying too hard and to be perfectly honest weird.

On weekends I love having different bags but I would never mix that with normal schoo.

Yeah, well there's going to business school and there's being a business bro. I'm talking dudes who wear terribly ill fitting suits to sit in lecture when it's not required, loafers, and carry around briefcases.

10. Amelorn

Amelorn Senior member

I use a Bally briefcase I picked up on ebay. However, I wear khaki's/blazer, not a suit to class, hehe.

11. parc

parc Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Topo is bad, just I haven't heard of them. Last trek I did was in Nepal last November but I haven't really followed the gear stuff in a while. Dana Design should be almost impossible to find since they weren't that big to start with but once the new Macbook Air comes out I'll finally be able to use that pack again. Damn heavy and huge 16' laptops.

I apologize if what I wrote came off as rude, I didn't mean it to sound that way [​IMG]

12. BB1

BB1 Senior member

jun hashimoto "body bag"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. parc

parc Well-Known Member

I like what I'm seeing in this thread... moar.

[​IMG]

Joshu+Vela

Another Topo Design Bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Frost River

14. Stillblade

Stillblade Senior member

I carry a Porter briefcase on campus. Backpacks are for high school.

ugh, you're one of those......

i had a patagonia pack until it got stolen. now i use one from REI. both awesome. super durable and comfortable too.

15. Amelorn

Amelorn Senior member

ugh, you're one of those...... i had a patagonia pack until it got stolen. now i use one from REI. both awesome. super durable and comfortable too.
    In all fairness, not all of us who use briefcases on campus are wannabe Gordon Gecko, Jim Cramer-watching, ill-fitting suit wearing wannabe cretins. A briefcase is a practical implement for carrying a small quantity of books. For those who don't want a briefcase, anything leather is good. If one likes backpacks, fine. But why stick to the shitty nylon one you bought at Target during senior year? Get a leather one. A trendier person probably could rock a time-worn but sturdy portfolio from ebay. I look at my briefcase as upgrading to leather goods rather than affecting the appearance of a businessman.

16. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

17. parc

parc Well-Known Member

18. the shah

the shah Senior member

this thread has been hideously depressing so far [​IMG]

19. dmash

dmash Senior member

Lol at guys saying a Porter looks 'business like'. Hahaha, I go to class with gym shorts on with mine. Sorry if I'm putting on too hard of a business front with that aesthetic Transistor. [​IMG] Also, if high school's no different than college for you, I can only imagine what your course schedule looks/looked like. and +1 at Shah's comment

20. tomorrowstars

tomorrowstars Senior member

Well, now my wallet's going to have a take a hit for a Duluth Scout.

Why not save the 'backpacks are for kids' comments for the manbag thread?