• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Collaro.co japanese

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides fit, the other tricky thing with ordering trousers online is that you don't know how the fabric will feel. Have you been pleased with al the fabrics you've ordered?

Yes. No fabrics that I'm unhappy with, and some are really excellent.

Oatmeal tweed best yet. The hunter Green cotton is also very nice (for a jacket).

To your question- I have two brown trousers from them.

Rust italian lightweight wool - may not be available, but excellent.

Mid brown linen - somewhat hard to wear. Least useful pair of trousers from them. I like it with a sand linen shacket and linen shirt.

hysteria

Reaction score

Oatmeal tweed best yet. The hunter Green cotton is also very nice (for a jacket).

Mid brown linen - somewhat hard to wear. Least useful pair of trousers from them. I like it with a sand linen shacket and linen shirt.

Looks like the Rust is available. If you filter by browns, you will see the Standeven brown just below that in herringbone. That's the other one I'm considering, which is more muted and subtle. The Rust brown look amazing too. Ideally, I'd just have both lol, but the slightly darker brown (not Rust) does appear to provide more versatility. Tough call :(

1651368592665.png

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they also adjust for sloping shoulders? I didn't that option on their order form.
They will adjust for sloping shoulders. They asked for pics, front back and side in a dress shirt that fits well so they can assess shoulder slope etc.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The striped albini? I love how the shirt looks and may consider buying it if they still have it in stock. How has your exp been with thei quality and finish of their shirts for the price?
I thought the quality was good for the price. They were very communicative when trying to nail the fit.

hysteria

Reaction score
I have to say, the shirts aren't cheap. Lots of options in the 200-300 price range, so the fit better be perfect and the fabric better be top-notch. What I don't like though is unlike Lanieri, they don't offer to remake the shirts for you if the fit isn't perfect, and there is no price diff, so I'm inclined to try Lanieri for shirts. Collaro for trousers.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say, the shirts aren't cheap. Lots of options in the 200-300 price range, so the fit better be perfect and the fabric better be top-notch. What I don't like though is unlike Lanieri, they don't offer to remake the shirts for you if the fit isn't perfect, and there is no price diff, so I'm inclined to try Lanieri for shirts. Collaro for trousers.
I have no experience with Lanieri. I know I read on SF a person who had a bad experience with them regarding a suit and its fit.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
obviously I wouldn‘t recommend starting with their most expensive fabrics before you’ve dialed in your fit. I’ve had decent results. IMO shirt fit isn’t as critical because (1) they wrinkle, nothing you can do about it and (2) if you wear under a jacket or some other layer there isn’t much to see anyhow.

Damprag

Reaction score
I'm considering ordering some trousers form Collara. I had previously ordered from Yeossal but was disappointed by some of their inconsistensies and felt the need to stop buying anything from them. What I liked about the Yeossal was their overall proportions and cut, as well as the make (interlinings, waistband make etc). Does anyone know how Collaro trousers compare to Yeossal's.

hysteria

Reaction score
My shop has altered some T & A shirts in the last year. generally, still a well made shirt. I have noticed that they have started to fuse some collars.
Fabrics from 10-20 years ago were much better then today, but I can say that of all brands and mills.
Is it a $400 RTW shirt? Business has been tough the last two years and they have expenses. Even if the owners have very deep pockets
Quite a few pairs so far-
Oatmeal speckled tweed - fantastic color, texture, and drape. Highly recommend.

Green Huddersfield cotton - nice weight and drape. Color makes good only for casual wear.

Japanese cream cotton x2- beautiful fabric, breathes well, but quite a job to keep clean.

Stone cavalry twill - good drape and nice feel. Cloth is a bit more "yellow" in person than I would prefer.

Rust lightweight wool - very nice color, little bit of red undertone. A little crisper than if like, but wears and breathes well.

Mid brown Irish linen - wears nicely, breathes well. Wrinkles quite a bit.....but that's linen. Wrinkles more noticeable on the brown.
I've done 7 trousers, 2 safari jackets, and 5 shirts with them so far.

One trouser, one safari on the way.

I think the trousers are by far their standout product. Shirts are good, but I haven't been as pleased with fit on them even after multiple tries. Not bad, bur not as good as the trousers as yet.
I thought the quality was good for the price. They were very communicative when trying to nail the fit.

I'm curious to know how well their cotton holds up. Seems like their Japanese cotton is great?
Aside from wool trousers, I'm also considering getting chinos from them in cotton since high-quality fabrics + cuts seem to be difficult to come by with Chino's.

Click821

Reaction score
Got 3 shirts coming in. Excited to see how the fit turns out, fabric and collars. Got 1 one piece, 1 lucca HBD and 1 regular button down. Nailing fit down now. Travis, Yuri and the rest of the team are super nice and communication is great. One or 2 emails ended up in my spam folder which I had to update. Will post pics as soon as they're in. Want to do trousers next

hysteria

Reaction score
Got 3 shirts coming in. Excited to see how the fit turns out, fabric and collars. Got 1 one piece, 1 lucca HBD and 1 regular button down. Nailing fit down now. Travis, Yuri and the rest of the team are super nice and communication is great. One or 2 emails ended up in my spam folder which I had to update. Will post pics as soon as they're in. Want to do trousers next

Looking forward to it!

phsiao08

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the indigo denim trousers?

hysteria

Reaction score

Are you able to find out the excact fabric source and code for the rust brown italian? So that I could potentialy source it idenendepntly as well? It look sfantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads