1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Collar tightness

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by johnnynorman3, Jun 11, 2004.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

I've ordered 15.5" necks from, yes, Jantzen. I wear 15.5" in RTW as well. I've noticed in both, however, that I do have a little bit of breathing room in the collar (I can fit several fingers -- not just two -- in the space between my neck and collar). However, I know from experience that a 15" collar is simply too tight. Would ordering a 15.25" collar be the best compromise? Exactly how much tighter will that quarter inch make the collar? I'd like to put in a big Jantzen order soon (don't want to order another test shirt), but I also don't want to make an order where I can't breathe.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Find a shirt that has a relatively large amount of tie space. Cut off the collar button and move it in 1/4". See how you like it. With that small of a movement it shouldn't distort the shape of the collar enough to worry about. (I wouldn't move it much more than that).