• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Collar Stays

Cordovan

Reaction score
Your regular dry cleaner is the enemy. When you find a good one, he is your friend. Either way getting your shirts pressed is not what is in your shirts' best interests.

Cordovan

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
her face filled with such unmistakable disdain at the notion that I didn't dare press it. Amongst other things she doesn't like,IIRC: rounded French cuffs, plackets,letting you pick your own collar
Sounds like Bizarro World .

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Sounds like Bizarro World .

How DARE you! She is the World's Greatest Shirtmaker!

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
It isn't about whether she likes to iron, it is about whether I have convinced myself that she likes to iron. You are not yet married, but when you are, you will find that this is a pretty neat trick.

I've been married for nearly 20 years and I have no idea what you're taling about.
plain.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So...on SF "going commando" means wearing your shirts without collar stays???
laugh.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
How DARE you! She is the World's Greatest Shirtmaker!
I thought that to qualify for this title you needed to be proficient in cowboy shirts, photoshop and general internet malfeasance. Also, in proclaiming yourself as such, which I don't remember her doing.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I thought that to qualify for this title you needed to be proficient in cowboy shirts, photoshop and general internet malfeasance. Also, in proclaiming yourself as such, which I don't remember her doing.

As you well know, the place for Kabbaz bashing is FNB.com.

I was not so much bashing Matuazzo (from what I have seen, her product is quite nice), but poking gentle fun at the quasi-religious devotion of some of her customer-frans.

BTW, the cowboy shirt, I know about. The photoshop incident(s), I don't.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
As you well know, the place for Kabbaz bashing is FNB.com.
I know, but this is like ********** in your parent's bed. It is exciting and slightly risky. Over there it is old hat.
I was not so much bashing Matuazzo (from what I have seen, her product is quite nice), but poking gentle fun at the quasi-religious devotion of some of her customer-frans.
I know. We are a devoted group, and part of it probably has to do with the pizza.
BTW, the cowboy shirt, I know about. The photoshop incident(s), I don't.
At one point he photoshopped the pattern matching on some atrocious shirts to make a point. I don't recall clearly, but felt I needed three examples.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gipper40
Actually, it's an extra step in the morning--and honestly, how many times did you forget the damn stays once you have donnedyour tie and jacket.
Zero.

My system is to remove them before laundering, then I hang my shirts to dry and once I get around to ironing them (1-2/day depending on my shirt load) I immediately put the stays back in before putting them in the closet.

JamesT

Reaction score
Just got a Despos shirt today. No pockets in the collar for the stays. Does this mean I am now trendy and fashionable amongst the StyleForum elite?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesT
Just got a Despos shirt today. No pockets in the collar for the stays. Does this mean I am now trendy and fashionable amongst the StyleForum elite?

Yes.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesT

No. You're only trendy and fashionable if you have pockets and don't use them. This just means Chris gave you a defective shirt.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are a devoted group, and part of it probably has to do with the pizza.
Is that why she darts her shirts;So that they can later be released?
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads