1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Collar on TM Lewin/CT Shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lierre, Oct 17, 2013.

1. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

I'm looking for white shirts with a 4 for $200 deal at either TM Lewin or CT. Based on my searches, it seems that there is a slight bias towards TM Lewin since their shirts are not fused. I need shirts with button cuffs, but the only shirt that TM Lewin offers like this is this: http://www.tmlewin.com/Fully-Fitted...fv1=SINGLE CUFF&prefn2=collarSize&prefv2=14.5.
    They call it a "classic collar." Would this be considered a spread collar and the points be hidden under a suit jacket? If not, it seems that my only option might be to go CT since they have more variety... Thanks! Cheers!

2. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

3. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

I would call it a spread collar, but why do you care what it’s called?

As to whether the points are long enough to fit under your lapel, that’s a function of the angle of the collar points, the length of the collar points, the buttoning point on your jacket, etc.

Your best bet is to take a shirt you already own with a spread angle equivalent to that in the picture where the points are positioned under the lapel and measure those points. Then e-mail Lewin and ask how long the collar points are on their shirt. I’ve never done this with Lewin, but I have with Brooks Brothers and others and have usually gotten a response within 48 hours.

Cheers,

Ac

4. Onetwobit

Onetwobit Well-Known Member

That collar is quite spread. I would also imagine that those points will be well hidden beneath your suit.

5. topos

topos Senior member

a 15.5 TML with classic collar has 3" points and about 4.5" between points when buttoned up.

6. phxguy

phxguy Member

Just got a twill slim with a classic collar. It's more spread than I prefer.

The neck is also tight already...I'm concerned about the shrinkage folks talk about.

Otherwise happy with it.