Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Colin Austin New & Lingwood

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by smnthrll585, Oct 12, 2011.

1. smnthrll585

smnthrll585 New Member

Hi all,

I'm a new user to the forum,

Anyways recently walked into New & Lingwood,to buy a pair of semi brogues. And was astoninished to find out that Colin Austin has left New & Lingwood.

Has anyone had any previous experience with colin austin? or knows where he is now working..

Kind Regards

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

2. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Probably better posted over in Mens Clothing.

3. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

That's a surprise! Colin Austin was very helpful to me in regard to my Jodhpur boots, and I did not know he left New & Lingwood. Simon Maloney introduced himself to me as the new director, and when I asked him about his predecessor Justin Sumrie, he informed me that Justin now works for Gieves & Hawkes. All this exchange is by Email because I can't visit in person. Is it considered without tact to ask any of the friendly salespersons at N&L where Colin is?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

4. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Apparently Colin is now at the new Loake store in Princes Arcade.

5. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

That's very kind of you to communicate. I was very pleased by both the New & lingwood Jodhpur boots Colin sent me - despite the correct observation I overlooked of a discrepancy between the New & Lingwood website photograph of the boots which showed a double sole and the actual boot - in some ways, the model appeared superior to the one I ordered the year before from N&L. And I was very pleased by Colin, who was very courteous and cooperative. I a way, I'm sad to hear that Colin left N&L and I hope he is happy at his new position. Perhaps I'll send him a little card expressing my good wishes at the new address. I don't know much about Loakes - somehow I believe they made the Jodhpur boots for Charles Tyrwhitt I purchased about three years ago.