• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cole haan/nike air?

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not thrilled with cole haan styling but considering getting these for comfort ... question is are they actually notably more comfortable because of the nike air?

robasaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scientific
not thrilled with cole haan styling but considering getting these for comfort ... question is are they actually notably more comfortable because of the nike air?

I work in a store that sells Cole Haan, as well as a number of designer shoe brands (Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Hugo Boss, Canali, etc). Having tried on every style that has come in for the last year from Cole Haan and the aforementioned other brands, I can tell you that I never once found a pair of Cole Haans more comfortable than even the worst of the others.

Nike Air labelling and "technology" is a gimmick meant to sell more shoes to the masses. The only notable feature of any of these shoes is that they are heavy as ****. If you need them for walking around all day, I would steer clear.

nicad2000

Reaction score
I owned a pair of *gasp* black slip-on Cole Haan Nike Air's in my pre-SF days and have to say they really are pretty comfy. The rubber soles were comparatively thick and did a decent job of cushioning your foot over a long day. I can't say if this was just the rubber or actually the work of the air buble however. They were rather heavy and seemed to lack decent arch support however. Not at all worth the $$$ compared to Allen Edmonds's, etc. I can tell you that they won't get much love on this website!

orthofrancis

Reaction score
I have a 2 pairs, and they are bothvery comfortable. I am on my feet sometimes 12-14 hours a day, walking standing, etc, and these are nice to wear.

I personally think the "air" thing is a bit of a gimmick, but the shoes are comfortable nevertheless.

TintinATL

Reaction score
I agree the air thing is a gimmick, they are not noticeably MORE comfortable than my other shoes, but they ARE comfortable. The indentation at the back of the heel where the air bubble is visible tends to get dusty and dirty, so you have to clean it now and then. I use a damp Q-tip at the same time as I'm polishing the shoes.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thx guys... should have also asked, more generally, for those not impressed with cole haan, any other options to consider that are good for comfort? i currently wear a pair of ferragamos with a rather thin rubber sole - they are gorgeous but still kill my feet after wearing them at work all day.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cole Haan Nike Air shoes are one of the best values in footwear. You buy a pair and after every 3 months of wear, the soles fall off. Then you can go back to the Cole Haan boutique and complain and they will give you a replacement pair. I know people who have done this many times over. It's pretty sad.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently saw Cole Haan bals in two different Marshalls locations. They were cap toe semi brogues and said "genuine goodyear welted" on the sole. They were not the (excellent) Harrison model since they had Nike Air in the sole. They were made of nice leather and had a great elongated shape. At $109 they seemed like a nice bargain.

(Marshalls also had RL Signature Blue Label suits for $599
bounce2.gif
and a nice selection of Polo suits for $499.
smile.gif
)

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scientific

so are you going to wear them to play basketball?

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes when i said my currents were uncomfortable for work, i meant they aren't comfortable for playing in the NBA. i'm not very good but i managed to dunk on Lebron and Kobe in the Olympics because they were mesmerized by how tasteful my pants break on my shoes.

you, on the other hand, must work for CSI with deduction skills like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads