• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cole Haan isn't very good quality

Kasper

Reaction score
I was pretty surprised about what happened to my Cole Haan boots today after only wearing them 10-15 times over the last two years. You can see that the sole and the leather came apart. This has never happened to my Bostonians by the way, and I wear them much more frequently.

bustedcolehaaniy0.jpg

heavyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
I was pretty surprised about what happened to my Cole Haan boots today after only wearing them 10-15 times over the last two years. You can see that the sole and the leather came apart. This has never happened to my Bostonians by the way, and I wear them much more frequently.

bustedcolehaaniy0.jpg

True. Owned by Nike, garbage.

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heavyd
True. Owned by Nike, garbage.

That makes me wonder why they can't make a pair of shoes that last as long as my Air Jordans from the early 90s.

UMass

Reaction score
Cole Haan to be before Nike was quality product.
Nike just bought the brand and doesn't care about quality they just want profits.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
eeeeeww. that photo belongs in a sort of Faces of Death for shoes.

I remember my skechers doing something like this, i had walked on them after 4 months my feet started to hurt real bad whenever i walked but i never bothered to look at the sole and i just thought this was the nature of dress shoes.
finally at the end when i put my leg up on a chair i noticed that there were two big cracks on the bottom of my shoes, where i can reach in with my finger and feel my socks.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I've been happy with vintage Cole Haans, one made in England the other in the USA. I've never dared to buy their current product, everyone here says (and you have documented) that they are mostly substandard.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't that atrocious? Makes me wish for my old, Red Ball Jets . . .

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just for the H E L L of it, and for personal satisfaction,
I'd send them to Cole Hann and ask them to put them on display in the executive offices.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
would it really kill nike to bring back cole-haan to what it was once? cole-haans, back in the late 80s, were my first stylish dress shoes (in a 3 year span i bought a pair of driving mocs, suede loafers, split toe bluchers, kiltie loafers and italian made oxfords) and its just sad to see this brand becoming what it is now- mostly asian-made high-priced shoes relying on a past glory.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's disgusting. I second the motion of sending them to Cole Haan's CEO to be hanged in his office.

I'm glad I bought my CH before their quality went in the *******. Check out ebay for CH Made in England. Still decent shoes to be had for cheap.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper

bustedcolehaaniy0.jpg

looks like a glue "quality" issue. and i use quality lightly.....

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that C-H gets little respect in the forum culture. I have one pair of C-H made-in-Brazil plain-toe bluchers that I bought about 6 1/2 or 7 years ago. I'll have to say they have held up very well and been durable, comfortable shoes. The lasting is somewhat "blobby," and the quality is not up to A-E standards, but I don't regret having bought them. They are kind of at the bottom end of my "decent shoe" wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads