• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cole Haan Collection line?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw some of these at a Nordstrom Rack, still at $229, and really liked the look. Are they even close to worth that? While they were worlds better than other CH I've owned or seen, I just couldn't justify the fact that they were selling at $80 more than Ferragamos, but maybe they are better than I'm thinking. Are these to CH what Trams. are to Ferragamo, etc? I have no actual experience with these, so anyone who does, please chime in. I think that the retail was anywhere between 385 and 450.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The one's that I've seen were okay style-wise, but I probably wouldn't have paid more than $150 or so for them. $229 plus tax seems higher than I'd pay for what they are. I don't think they are nearly as nice as Trammezzas, but I think that they are intended to be the "upscale" version of regular Cole Haans. Nevertheless, if they look wonderful on you and you really like them, that isn't a bad price by any means. So, it just depends on how much you like them.

John

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
The one's that I've seen were okay style-wise, but I probably wouldn't have paid more than $150 or so for them. $229 plus tax seems higher than I'd pay for what they are. I don't think they are nearly as nice as Trammezzas, but I think that they are intended to be the "upscale" version of regular Cole Haans. Nevertheless, if they look wonderful on you and you really like them, that isn't a bad price by any means. So, it just depends on how much you like them.

John

I never meant to put them on par with Trammezzas, but to set up an SAT-like analogy, Trammezza is to Ferragamo what Collection is to Cole Haan. They had lots of them, and they seemed pretty recent, so I'll probably just wait for them to come down a bit, or go on sale, then maybe get a pair.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I never meant to put them on par with Trammezzas, but to set up an SAT-like analogy, Trammezza is to Ferragamo what Collection is to Cole Haan. They had lots of them, and they seemed pretty recent, so I'll probably just wait for them to come down a bit, or go on sale, then maybe get a pair.

Excellent analogy. I never did well on that section, which probably is what lead me to misread your original post.... and probably what kept me out of Harvard.
laugh.gif

John

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
ive seen these cole haan collections at nordstrom rack and i have tried them on as well.
the styles they have at the rack are the algonquin toe and the captoe styles in black and brown.
they run a little small, i usually wear a 10D but i had to put on a 10.5 D, however they still are uncomfortable to wear, they would have to be broken in tremendously; all the shoes i wear, santoni, cj, allenedmonds, gucci, dont need to be broken in .

i did try them on with an open mind, trying to be as objective as possible, but im sorry to say they are not comfortable, they seem stiff around the quarters , and the heel area is very hard . the soles are very slippery as well. try them on you will see.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Cole-Haan Collection bluchers. They are pretty good shoes. They are made with much better leather than the standard CH shoes, and the construction is also much better than the normal CHs. The glossy finish on the soles (which makes them slippery out of the box, but not appreciably more slippery than any other leather soled shoes) will wear off quickly. Mine are made in Italy--some of the Collection shoes are made in England, but I don't know if there are significant quality differences between the two origins.

I think $229 is a decent (not super) price given the quality. Given that the crappy made in India corrected grain CH shoes tend to be around $100 on sale or at outlets, I think it is unlikely that you will find CH Collection shoes at the target price of $110-150 mentioned by other posters. If you like them, get them.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen one pair out of their Collection line that floated my by boat. Their styling @ times leans toward the fashion-forward, and in terms of leather and workmanship the Made-in-Italy stamp isn't helping much either. I'd be unwilling to pay even 1/2 the retail price for them.
Not too long ago, CH Bragano used to offer pretty tasty classic style shoes, alongside their regular casual models, that were a decent value when on sale. Nowdays the Braganos come from - gasp - India and sell @ Marshalls. I guess so much for that old white-on-blue cloth Bragano Crafted-in-Italy label, eh ?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy Vass on U last there is no other choice

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Soph, he said $229 not $1229.
tongue.gif

But, actually I agree with you completely. I'm just saying....

John

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in the Nordstrom Rack a few days ago and was surprised to see a very nice selection of Cole Haan Collection shoes for $59-69. I found one pair of Made in England bals in a size 10 ($450 @ ch.com) that I could not squeeze my foot into so I I offered them to a guy standing near me. I may not have gotten the shoes but he offered me a summer internship at his firm so it all worked out great
bounce2.gif
I found these sleek made in Italy bals for myself in a 10.5 and also for $59. They are no longer indexed at ch.com but googling the model number reveals that they retailed for $365. What do you guys think?
P1010027.jpg
P1010024.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads