• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who cares how well it's made when it looks like ****.
You got hosed, no one cares if it's well made or not because it's awful looking.

Nefarious, this forum is a wonderful opportunity for you to practice a little more diplomacy and gentlemanliness. We like to give newcomers some slack, so it was unnecessary to outrightly attack Magician Shaun. Your comments could stand a little finesse. The Thread title did, in fact read, 'Cole haan: quality or no?' Others have already addressed this specific question.

Magician Shaun, by the nature of your questions, you are stating that you are learning, so it would be of greater value to you to browse our many shoe threads to understand what is stylish and what is not. In the nicest possible way, I will state that the shoes you posted, while being of reasonable quality, severely lack in asthetics and would be considered a fail on this forum. It is ok that you are making mistakes. This is part of your learning curve. Lurk and Learn on the forum for awhile, and you'll see why those shoes you just purchased are not garnering you any favour. You could wear them for fun if you insist, but they will not be eligible to be part of a serious wardrobe.
Kindly browse these threads, and you'll see what beauty is:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277914/waywrn-shoe-boot-edition/0_50
http://www.styleforum.net/t/187914/the-ultimate-hardcore-shoe-Appreciation-thread-bespoke-only/0_50
http://www.styleforum.net/t/14906/shoe-damage-report-Appreciation-central-part-i/0_50

I trust thses links will keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy, and welcome to Styleforum. :)

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak with any first-hand knowledge of the CH Martin plain toe blucher? They look pretty good... goodyear welt construction, double leather sole, etc... Is it fairly comfortable? I picked up a pair of the Jayhawker wingtip a couple of years ago. They look very nice but are not all that comfortable. I am wondering if the Martin plain toe would be similar; looks pretty good but isn't that comfortable.

Thanks in advance...

CMR16

Reaction score
You should check out Nordstrom Rack if there is one near you. I picked up a solid Bruno Magli loafer that has held up very well. I'm not disappointed by my CH loafers and drivers as well. They have always held up and have gotten plenty of compliments.

Apollotrader

Reaction score
....but since we are all here, not since the made in Italy, green label days.

Still have two pairs, the cap toes get regular use.

Diana Slater

Reaction score
OMG! That shoe is gorgeous! I'd go on a date with you just because you were wearing those shoes!
sneaky2.gif
BTW, I'm female.

Anthony Horvath

Reaction score
I've never had any good experience with a low level shoe like Cole Haan. Save your money for a pair Aldens that will last forever

BBDT

Reaction score
I am brand new to this site and can see this thread started in 2004. I will add my "present day" take on this anyway. Cole Haan quality continues to regress year after year. This has been especially true these past couple of years. It seems like you can't even get a pair with leather soles anymore. I asked a clerk at one of their outlets about this and they actually tried to tell me that the new rubber soles were an improvement over leather. I personally wouldn't recommend anything from from Cole Haan that was made after 2015.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads