• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cognitive Dissonance: "Logos are tacky" vs. "My designer sunglasses have a prominent logo"

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we just have a pinned Reetarded thread so this incessant stupidity doesn't clog up the rest of the forum?

Loathe (v.) versus loath (adj.) -- look it up. (But your post doesn't make a bit of sense either way.)

I also am loathe to "Prole logo couture", but my $130 Raybans have a tacky logo on the sides just the same (as do all $10 plastic sunglasses that are sold for $100+)

Last edited:

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can we just have a pinned Reetarded thread so this incessant stupidity doesn't clog up the rest of the forum?

Loathe (v.) versus loath (adj.) -- look it up. (But your post doesn't make a bit of sense either way.)

+1

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares. The small written ray ban logo is extremely tame compared to the ridiculous stuff you see on prada, fendi, etc sunglasses, which I'd wager aren't too popular. Pretty hard to find ANY quality sunglasses without a visible logo.

I'm sure you could find a way to remove the logo from the frame, and then put in generic lenses without the RB logo if this bothers you so much.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
You only need $0.01 to remove your insecurities. And it seriously is that easy. I've done it with 3 pairs of Ray-Bans.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you buy the Ray-Bans when you can can find so many similar models unbranded? cheaper or more expensive.

Last edited:

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
My post may not be very helpful to you, but I am one of those people who do not mind glasses with logos as long as their design and quality are good.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you so shallow that you'd lose sleep over something this stupidly trivial?

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why do you buy the Ray-Bans when you can can find so many similar models unbranded? cheaper or more expensive.

Great question!

For a long time, I stuck with the $5 generics. See my thread below

(Ray Ban, Maui, Persol, Serengetti) Vs. $10 Street Vendors/Exxon Sunglasses
http://www.styleforum.net/t/182736/...i-vs-10-street-vendors-exxon-sunglasses/0_100

There were 2 reasons I finally caved in & decided to shell out $130 for a piece of plastic.
1) I like the smaller size of my Wayfarers. Most generics are too big (as is the current style). I did find generics that were small, but the glasses were VERY flimsy/cheap.
2) The glass lens actually offers clearer vision. Yes, there actually is a difference. Sure, is the difference really worth $130? Not from a manuf. point of view, but for me, after going through a few pairs of generics, I decided I wanted a good pair.

Are you so shallow that you'd lose sleep over something this stupidly trivial?

Uhh, that's the entire ethos of SF. You must be on the wrong forum !

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads