1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cognitive Dissonance: "I love my classic vintage Harris Tweed" vs. "Jackets with a low gorge are em

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Lint, thanks for your input. This issue has been on my mind for quite some time, and with fall approaching, it was high time I addressed this fashion paradox head on via this thread. By your reply, it is unclear whether you feel a low gorge is a deal breaker. You seem to be somewhere in the middle: It's not ok, but do your best to work with it and counteract it.

aj-del, OTOH, seems to feel this is a dealbreaker.

I also agree that 99% of the population will not notice the gorge.
    But, after 1700 posts on SF, one is not 99%.
    You can't escape the fact that the coat may be laughably outdated.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Todd6060

Todd6060 Active Member

Reevolving - why not post a pic of your vintage tweed jacket with the low gorge?

1 person likes this.