• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coffee Machines

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Jura Compressa Impressa 9, has anyone ever had one, the best damn coffee I have ever had in my life....worth every dime. Comments, anyone have anything comparable and want to tell me the difference.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dude... Did you seriously just spend over $1500 on an espresso machine???

It better be some GREAT friggin espresso. You are one crazy bastard. I believe I use a Krups six cup drip coffee maker. It's fine by me.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Off topic, I know, but here is my caffeine 'machine' steeping some Shou Mei. I tried some Sencha in it today, yuck! It tasted like I was drinking spinach juice or something. I guess green tea just is not for me, Lord knows I tried.
536901160_l.jpg
I just love showing off my gaiwan... Anyway, not hijack this thread, is there any certain type of coffee, or way of preparing it for guys with sensitive stomachs? My gut can actually handle just about anything, but one cup of coffee has me running to the bathroom and staying there most of the day.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Dude... Did you seriously just spend over $1500 on an espresso machine???

It better be some GREAT friggin espresso. You are one crazy bastard. I believe I use a Krups six cup drip coffee maker. It's fine by me.

How much did you think?......OH yeah it really is the best damn coffee I have ever had....think about it, I was spending $15 a day at Starbucks, now....I get it at home twice a day or more....do the math.

Vaclav

Reaction score
The caffe moka, makes better for 25$.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nightowl6261a
How much did you think?......OH yeah it really is the best damn coffee I have ever had....think about it, I was spending $15 a day at Starbucks, now....I get it at home twice a day or more....do the math.

No wonder you felt driven to such depths of desperation, you were drinking Starbuck's coffee... This explains everything.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Nespresso machine last year, and while it's really convenient and produces an impressive crema, I only end up using it when I'm really lazy. I don't believe the quality of Nespresso's coffee to be as good as either Illy or Kimbo, my favorites.

Ironically, my my best cup is from the €2 macchinetta (stainless steel stovetop job) that I picked up at IKEA.
blush.gif

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Off topic, I know, but here is my caffeine 'machine' steeping some Shou Mei.
I tried some Sencha in it today, yuck! It tasted like I was drinking spinach juice or something. I guess green tea just is not for me, Lord knows I tried.

Anyway, not hijack this thread, is there any certain type of coffee, or way of preparing it for guys with sensitive stomachs? My gut can actually handle just about anything, but one cup of coffee has me running to the bathroom and staying there most of the day.

I'm with you. I really, REALLY don't like sencha. It tastes like algae. How it masquerades as a "premium" tea is beyond me. Whatever.

BTW, I was just like you (coffee gave me the *****) until I started drinking it more often. Now I'm acclimatized.
tounge.gif

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of coffee do use in your Capresso?

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gevalia mostly, but there is a special blend from Hawaii that I buy from a broker in Santa Monica that is really good as well, but it is $35 a pound, so I take it a little easy on that.

moosy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Francis Francis?

Illy has a nice deal on it if you subscribe to their coffee program for 4 months.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chris,
Let me recommend some freshly-roasted coffee instead of Gevalia. Gevalia sells stale, overpriced, poor-quality coffee. To get better quality you can find a local coffee shop that roasts on premises or order online. The following retailers order high-quality, freshly roasted espresso blends:

Sweet Maria's
Whatever the Roastmaster's Choice, Espresso of the week is.

Gorilla Coffee in Brooklyn
Brazil or espresso blend

Peet's
Major Dickason's or Espresso Forte

You don't really have to spend $35 to buy Kona, especially since Kona does not show it's character well in espresso.

Hope this information helps you enjoy your new machine more.

Dimitry

PITAronin

Reaction score
Surprised that you aren't supporting the home team. I've had nothing but good experiences with the coffees on offer at Atlanta's own J. Martinez and Company.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads