Cod5.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by whnay., Nov 9, 2009.

1. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a question. Do kills from an killstreak reward from an emergency air drop count towards a higher kill streak reward?? I know they don't from simple care packages. Just asking.

They don't - but it sure helps the K : D.

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

They don't - but it sure helps the K : D.

You're telling me. There's nothing better than being on Afgahn having a 4 kill streak, calling in a care package that is chopper gunner and going to town. More and more people are carrying around stingers though. Speaking of which, the AT2 sucks, it can't even down a harrier or hind in a single shot.

3. Eccentric

Eccentric Senior member

Knife classes are a different beast in MW2. I use them as a change-of-pace during any match where people are camping. They're particularly good on Invasion and Skidrow...any map where it's porous.

I like open maps with cover in the middle. The best for me are rundown, quarry, and underpass.

This might be just me but knifing is a reflex (except for knifing class duh) so I don't purposefully think, I just react instantly when I bump into someone else (knifed teammates all the time).

Unfortunately instincts are hard to shake so sometimes I catch someone coming around a corner and they're about 20 feet in front, holo sight aimed and...

...I knife the air in front of me uselessly and get gunned down.

[​IMG]

This happens to me too. Either that, or I try to quickly aim down but accidentally knife instead.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    wasteland is my map

5. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

wasteland is my map

I will be able to get my multi-RPG challenge completed on this map. Why groups hang out in the bunker is beyond me.

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

wasteland is my map

You snipe a lot, right? What're your favorite spots on Wasteland?

I will be able to get my multi-RPG challenge completed on this map. Why groups hang out in the bunker is beyond me.

Srsly, it's not a good way to win. If you're not sniping on Wasteland, go AR + Bling and add a grenade launcher to it. Guaranteed success.

Unlocked the ACR and M21 recently. ACR has supplanted M16 as my go-to AR, and I can't wait to finish my M16 challenges so I can go back to FAMAS + ACOG (and finish those challenges).

Does anyone else like the M21 over the Barrett? Or ACR over SCAR/TAR?

7. suited

suited Senior member

You're telling me. There's nothing better than being on Afgahn having a 4 kill streak, calling in a care package that is chopper gunner and going to town. More and more people are carrying around stingers though. Speaking of which, the AT2 sucks, it can't even down a harrier or hind in a single shot.
    Care packages are for search and destroy. The best combo is: Predator missile Pavlow Chopper Gunner or Pavlow Chopper Gunner Nuke Occasionally I'll use Emergency Airdrop for fun. Last night on Invasion, I got a chopper gunner, AC130, Air Strike and Predator Missile in one drop. No joke.

8. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Care packages are for search and destroy.

The best combo is:

Predator missile
    Pavlow
    Chopper Gunner

or

Pavlow
    Chopper Gunner
    Nuke

Occasionally I'll use Emergency Airdrop for fun. Last night on Invasion, I got a chopper gunner, AC130, Air Strike and Predator Missile in one drop. No joke.

That's nothing, I once got a UAV, a Counter UAV and Two Ammo Crates.

9. suited

suited Senior member

That's nothing, I once got a UAV, a Counter UAV and Two Ammo Crates.
    I seem to have decent luck with care packages. Even though they aren't the best for regular game play, they are a lot of fun-even though there are much better kill streak rewards. I completely lost my shit the few times an opponent stole mine. I don't think I've been that mad in years.

10. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Anybody want to play tonight? Warning: I suck. PSN name is JiveMiguel.

Also, can anyone recommend a good headset?

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I seem to have decent luck with care packages. Even though they aren't the best for regular game play, they are a lot of fun-even though there are much better kill streak rewards. I completely lost my shit the few times an opponent stole mine. I don't think I've been that mad in years.

I got back to back EMP's once. Emergency air drops are huge and I don't mind other people (teammates) taking a predator missle or an airstrike, but if there's a chopper gunner or AC130 don't even try for it. And yes, getting something stolen is the worst. Getting killed on the way to pick up a well place care package only to spawn on the opposite side of the map really twists my titty.

12. breakz

breakz Senior member

Anybody want to play tonight? Warning: I suck. PSN name is JiveMiguel. Also, can anyone recommend a good headset?
    I'll add you later...name is the TheChompman, feel free to add me. Check out the Jabra BT2040. Works well for a $10-15 headset.

13. breakz

breakz Senior member

I got back to back EMP's once. Emergency air drops are huge and I don't mind other people (teammates) taking a predator missle or an airstrike, but if there's a chopper gunner or AC130 don't even try for it. And yes, getting something stolen is the worst. Getting killed on the way to pick up a well place care package only to spawn on the opposite side of the map really twists my titty.

Opposite side of this: it's really fun to steal an opponent's care package--even if it's a UAV or Counter-UAV.

14. suited

suited Senior member

Anybody want to play tonight? Warning: I suck. PSN name is JiveMiguel. Also, can anyone recommend a good headset?
    I'll add you tonight. Name is Sig_Sauer_P220 I use a jawbone bluetooth that I found in a parking lot as my headset. I don't think you really need anything fancy.

15. andas

andas Well-Known Member

Good game, but Oh, I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3 [​IMG]