Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cocktail Attire for Office Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nolatiger, Dec 13, 2012.

1. nolatiger

nolatiger New Member

Hi,

I have an office Holiday Party to attend this evening and am unsure about proper attire for the event. The invitation says "cocktail attire" is the appropriate dress. Originally, I had intended on wearing my ill fitting navy suit (bought just for the job interview), but I now realize this may be overdoing it for a Thursday night office party. I'm a new (and young) employee and I'm not looking to stand out too much and I don't like the suit.

My current thought is to wear heather grey pants, a white spread collar shirt, a red tie, a navy blazer, a brown belt, and brown brogues. I just wanted to make sure I'm not breaking any fashion rules by going with this. If need be, I could acquire another tie or pair of pants in a different color, but I'm pretty much stuck with the navy blazer and brown shoes.

If it makes any difference, I work for an accounting firm in New Orleans and people aren't very fashion-conscious around here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. superfishy8

superfishy8 Well-Known Member

probably too late now, but never hurts to dress up when there are bosses standing around. i generally take any office party as a sign to suit up, but often the holiday parties end up with a bunch of guys in terrible ill fitting christmas sweaters

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Your intended ensemble will be fine. Have fun. Welcome to Styleforum.