• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cochese tailor - opinions

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with Cochese. I would appreciate your opinions.

-Thanks

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have some shirts from him.

Strengths: the single-needle seams and pattern matching is very good. The overall quality of construction is high. Certain tricks like turning the sleeves to get a pitch that mirrors the way your arm hangs also turn out well. He has access to a lot of great cloth at terrific prices.

Weaknesses: cheap plastic buttons (good shape, though, and decent looking). The pattern drafting is not as precise as the best bespoke shirts: you won't get 99th percentile fit, more like 80th.

Overall: tremendous value for what you get.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
website?

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, no website. I have heard about them. One of my friends has shirts by them. Looked pretty OK.

-

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So where are they located and how does one contact them?

tgfny

Reaction score
Met with him last week about some blazers. He's in NYC for a few more weeks. Some friends swear by him.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think their prices compare w/ SF resident Shirtmaven. As shirtmaven is local, incremental improvements in fit will be easier to achieve.

AFAIK, they are far higher than Jantzen price range.

-

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The guy's name is Shaban Alam. Â He splits his time between New York and Pakistan. Â The shirts are made in Lahore. Â You can reach him at: [email protected] He will come to your office and take measurements. New York only, so far as I know.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else, have shirts of the Cochese? From Mr. Bodner, I have seen 1 and from the gussets, I had a great vision, as they contained much, inspiration.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight I took photos of the gussets, I hope to inspire all.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.