• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arturobelano

Reaction score
@Cobbler Union,

Could you please help me out size-wise?
I'm interested in buying a pair of your shoes on the Louvre last (either the Miquel or the Gilbert). I currently own a pair of Carmina Oxfords on the Rain last (in 9 UK), so I was wondering if you could tell me how do the two lasts compare to one another? Do the lasts fit (relatively) similarly?

Thanks in advance

Sfroide3

Reaction score
@Cobbler Union,

I'm interested in buying a pair of your shoes on the Louvre last (either the Miquel or the Gilbert). I currently own a pair of Carmina Oxfords on the Rain last (in 9 UK), so I was wondering if you could tell me how do the two lasts compare to one another? Do the lasts fit (relatively) similarly?

Thanks in advance

I wear Carmina rain in UK9 and was sized in CU store a UK8.5 for the Louvre last. I have a some toe spread so anything to slim is impossible to wear. The shoes felt really comfortable. If you live in the Conus you have free shipping and free return. If you need to size up or down that is the easiest to know.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
@Cobbler Union,

Thanks in advance
I wear Carmina rain in UK9 and was sized in CU store a UK8.5 for the Louvre last. I have a some toe spread so anything to slim is impossible to wear. The shoes felt really comfortable. If you live in the Conus you have free shipping and free return. If you need to size up or down that is the easiest to know.

Hi there!

From what we know, RAIN Last and LOUVRE Last fit relatively similar. Of course this might depends on each particular case and feet.

We offer Free Shipping, Exchange or Returns in the US if you buy on www.cobber-union.com (Shipping from US)
We also offer Free Shipping, Exchange or Return within EU countries if you buy on www.cobbler-union.eu (Shipping from Spain).

Rest of the world, we offer Free Shipping above a certain purchase value, depending on the country. You can check our Shipping and Return policy clicking HERE.

We hope this helps!
Daniel

LThomsen

Reaction score
Aquafortis, thanks for your welcome message!

For standard feet, SOHO last fits True To Size (TTS). If you have wide feet or high instep, you should go 1/2 size up than TTS. If you have a very wide feet or very high instep, then we recommend to move to 312 last and go 1/2 size down.

If you email a couple of classic shoes brand/type/model/size to [email protected], we can recommend you the size in SOHO last or the best CU last and size that could fit you.

Looking forward to hearing from you back!
Best, Daniel
How do cu compare in quality, craftsmanship and value to tlb, carlos santos and j Fitzpatrick?

Sfroide3

Reaction score
If you go TLB Artista collection, Carlos Santos handgrade and Fitzpatrick or Cobbler Union, you won't make a mistake. All the shoes are around 380-500 usd, beveled waist, closed stich. At this price you can also include Carmina and Lof and Tung. And to be honest ... it's much more a mather of personnal taste and availability. They are all good brands. CU offers an amazing customer service, ships from the US if you are american. Right now at 10% off with free shoetrees with the Parisian Gentleman collaboration PGCU19. What I love about Cobbler Union is the bespoke inspired diamond pattern on the insole that gives it a little Wow effect !

I think what matters the most is your ability to get the right last and size. Carmina is a pain in the *** when it comes to customer service. Fitzpatrick has very generous instep - I was sized in the NYC store and I just can't wear any of their shoes and I don't have a low instep. Carlos Santos doesn't have an official US retailer, so you will need to order in Europe (use paypal, it covers return shipping of up to 25usd). So sizing might become an issue. Never tried TLB. I own a lot of CS shoes and they are very nice : if you don't go CS handgrade or TLB Artista these two brands are a little cheaper. Lof and Tung also offers closed channel soles at a very competitive price.

With the actual promo on CU, I think they are hard to beat with free shipping and return.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
INTRODUCING WILLIAM | TOBACCO SUEDE | 371
Limited quantities available for immediate delivery

Use code "WILLIAMSF" to receive a free pair of Cobbler Union shoe trees with purchase of any WILLIAM - 371 only. Shoe trees must be added to cart. Offer valid through November 30th at midnight. Cannot be combined with other promotions.

Help us welcome the newest member of the William family.

The timeless full brogue oxford is crafted on the 371 last for a sophisticated yet contemporary silhouette.

For added comfort and versatility, William is fitted with classic British-made studded Dainite® soles for superior traction and durability for whatever terrain may be.

Featuring beautiful lines throughout, the versatile cap-toe is crafted with a Janus tobacco suede sourced from England's Charles Stead tannery - one of the very best in our industry.

It's possible to wear William any way you please. Combine your pair with a tailored tweed trousers to make your office look smart and professional. Alternatively, consider pairing them with your favorite selvedge denim for a more laidback style.

Grab your pair today!

--------

KEY FEATURES

Traditional Goodyear-Welted Construction

English Dainite® Studded Rubber Soles

Top-Grade English Tobacco Suede Calf

Burgundy Calf Lining

Quilted Heel Cup

371 Last

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score

Introducing The All New John Boot
Limited quantities available for immediate delivery

JOHN | BROWN SUEDE | 312

JOHN | MUSEUM BROWN CALF | 312

Use code "JOHN" to receive a free pair of Cobbler Union shoe trees with your purchase. Shoe trees must be added to cart. Offer valid through November 30th at midnight. Cannot be combined with other promotions.

Help us welcome the all-new John boot.

This fantastic winter boot is characterized by its full-brogue wingtip design.

You can choose John either in an exquisite Italian museum brown calfskin or, alternatively, in an English dark brown suede - both equally impressive.

Mounted on the 312 last, this versatile all-terrain boot offers both style and comfort by providing a round toe-box and outstanding ankle support, courtesy of a higher shaft.

For superior traction and durability, John comes fitted with British-made studded Dainite® soles.

John can easily be dressed up or down as required by the occasion. It's possible to wear this great boot with tailored trousers or corduroys for a smart, business affair. For an even more casual look, simply pair with your favorite denim.

Grab your pair today!

--------

KEY FEATURES

Traditional Goodyear-Welted Construction

Top-grade Italian Museum Calfskin | English Brown Suede

English Dainite® Studded Rubber Soles

Classic full broguing throughout

Natural Calfskin Lining

Quilted Heel Cup

312 Last

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cobbler Union

So, these new models don't have the 'fiddle waist' anymore, right?

Is it because of the last?

Best

They said it before I believe. They found that many cobblers couldn’t resole the fiddle waist. The new lasts had a normal waist. They don’t seem to be discontinuing old shoes yet, but making new ones on the new lasts.

bryanljs

Reaction score
Benjamin uR in 312 Last
279C84E9-4A8A-4989-8BBB-DF281B140415.jpeg 5FFE0DFE-AC00-49FD-9CD7-F794E1CE8C34.jpeg C9E31A6C-B928-4D6B-9047-6C5193AF1328.jpeg

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads