• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here I am! That's me!

Thank you so much to Cobbler Union for this fantastic surprise. The Chukka V will come to Madrid, Spain! I will post here that moment.

Best regards to SF members!
J.M.Colomo

So a Spanish poster in Madrid with two posts to his name wins a pair of shoes from a Spanish shoe maker based in Madrid?

dynemacron

Reaction score
So a Spanish poster in Madrid with two posts to his name wins a pair of shoes from a Spanish shoe maker based in Madrid?

If you think about it, I actually wouldn't find that as being too strange. Cobbler Union makes their shoes in Spain, but they are based in Atlanta as a company. Additionally, they have a large following on Rincon de Callaberos, which is a Spanish Styleforum equivalent. Because the giveaway was also advertised on social media (both Styleforum and Cobbler Union accounts), its not unlikely that someone who is familiar with the brand, who lives in Spain, who might be a user of Instagram but not Styleforum, won the shoes and was told they hoped that he would share the shoes with users on Styleforum since the contest was run jointly with Styleforum and Cobbler Union.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not? What do you suggest?

Even though I follow StyleForum, I registered myself to the giveaway trough Rincon de Caballeros as my mother language is Spanish and I live in South America. Simply, luck wasn't with you or me...

Daniel__G

Reaction score
It would be really helpful to get a top-down comparison photo of the different lasts. I'd love to have a better sense of their comparative shapes.

Dear MaxK, many thanks for the interest!

Please, find below a quick picture we took yesterday from 4 shoes we have in display in our shop in Atlanta. They are not the same size, but it shows already some of the differences between the 4 lasts. These 4 lasts, Louvre, City, Monaco and 312 are the most important lasts in our GYW Shoe Collection (95% of the Models). Along the week I will up-date this post with information about Chelsea and Union Lasts.
Also about Soho and Ritz boots specific lasts.

full
First one starting from right is the MIQUEL - LOUVRE Last
Second one is RICHARD V - CITY Last
Third one is a loafer HENRY IV - MONACO Last
Fourth one is MIQUEL uR - 312 Last

full
First one starting from right is the SPECTATOR II - CHELSEA Last

full
First one starting from right is the GUILLAUME II - RITZ Last
The other one is GUILLAUME III - SOHO Last

RITZ Last is the Boot version of LOUVRE Last
SOHO Last is the Boot version of CHELSEA Last

Clicking on the link below you can find the description we have in our site:
https://www.cobbler-union.com/pages/size-fit

And here below you have the individual top-bottom pictures from the site. If you click on them it will take you to the complete product description and set of pictures-

Miquel - LOUVRE Last

Richard V - CITY Last

Henry IV - MONACO Last

Miquel uR - 312 Last

Spectator II - CHELSEA Last
It would be great if, SF members comment on the fitting experience of each the CU lasts.
Thanks! Daniel

Last edited:

russell price

Reaction score

If you think about it, I actually wouldn't find that as being too strange. Cobbler Union makes their shoes in Spain, but they are based in Atlanta as a company. Additionally, they have a large following on Rincon de Callaberos, which is a Spanish Styleforum equivalent. Because the giveaway was also advertised on social media (both Styleforum and Cobbler Union accounts), its not unlikely that someone who is familiar with the brand, who lives in Spain, who might be a user of Instagram but not Styleforum, won the shoes and was told they hoped that he would share the shoes with users on Styleforum since the contest was run jointly with Styleforum and Cobbler Union.

Hello again,

Lucido, dynemacron has told perfectly in this case : I have registered here only to share with this forum, in attention to Cobbler Union, as they are based and founded here in the USA.
I have more than 600 posts to my name in "Rincon de Caballeros" forum of Spain, where I knew this raffle.

Best regards, (and excuse for my English!)
J.M.Colomo

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When someone puts 2 and 2 together and comes up with 3 instead LOL.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody speak to the similarities/differences between the Louvre last and the ones below? Would be very helpful.

CS 389
Carmina Rain
EB 062
KW benchgrade and handgrade

MaxK

Reaction score
Thanks Daniel, very helpful.

So far I’ve only tried the Soho last. Here is a photo comparing it to the Crockett & Jones 348 as well as the Carmina Rain.

upload_2018-4-8_13-3-43.jpeg

I’ve found the Soho a bit more narrow than the other makers last’s I’ve listed, though it seems to be breaking in.

So for any SF members knowing how they fit these lasts from those other makers this reference may be useful.

Dear MaxK, many thanks for the interest!

Please, find below a quick picture we took yesterday from 4 shoes we have in display in our shop in Atlanta. They are not the same size, but it shows already some of the differences between the 4 lasts. These 4 lasts, Louvre, City, Monaco and 312 are the most important lasts in our GYW Shoe Collection (95% of the Models). Along the week I will up-date this post with information about Chelsea and Union Lasts.
Also about Soho and Ritz boots specific lasts.

First one starting from left is the MIQUEL - LOUVRE Last
Third one is a loafer HENRY IV - MONACO Last
Fourth one is MIQUEL uR - 312 Last

Clicking on the link below you can find the description we have in our site:
https://www.cobbler-union.com/pages/size-fit

And here below you have the individual top-bottom pictures from the site. If you click on them it will take you to the complete product description and set of pictures-

Miquel - LOUVRE Last

Richard V - CITY Last

Henry IV - MONACO Last

Miquel uR - 312 Last
It would be great if, SF members comment on the fitting experience of each the CU lasts.
Thanks! Daniel

dynemacron

Reaction score
Can anybody speak to the similarities/differences between the Louvre last and the ones below? Would be very helpful.

CS 389
Carmina Rain
EB 062
KW benchgrade and handgrade

So far I’ve only tried the Soho last. Here is a photo comparing it to the Crockett & Jones 348 as well as the Carmina Rain.

View attachment 954689

I’ve found the Soho a bit more narrow than the other makers last’s I’ve listed, though it seems to be breaking in.

So for any SF members knowing how they fit these lasts from those other makers this reference may be useful.

While I can't compare it to most of the lasts you mention, maybe I can provide a bit of insight.

The Louvre last I find too narrow for myself; I have a high instep, a normal arch. As such, it seems a touch narrower across both the toe box and overall width, leaving me unable to wear it in my normal size. As such, if I were to try to buy it, I would probably size up one half, but the length may become an issue. Likewise, the Monaco last (loafer last) in the store, I have to size down one half.

I'm quite happy with the shoes I have from them in the City last which I wear true to size. This compares favorably with the shoes I have from Allen Edmonds, Crockett and Jones, Barbanera, and Loake.

Daniel__G

Reaction score

View attachment 954689

I have just up-dated the post with top-down pictures of Chelsea Last and Soho and Ritz boots lasts.

Soho Last is the boots version of Chelsea
Ritz last is the boots version of Louvre

I hope this helps to understand.

Thanks, MaxK!

Daniel__G

Reaction score
MIQUEL in Detail
The Luxury Wholecut

Weddings, anniversaries, office events...

The Miquel wholecut is the perfect shoe to spice up your summer outfits.

Featuring the ultimate minimalist design, the Miquel is a fantastic shoe that can add extraordinary flair to your shoe collection. Long and elegant, this luxury wholecut looks great from any angle.

Take a closer look.

Crafted with a single piece of French calfskin, this pristine wholecut is finished with a hand-applied patina making every Miquel its own masterpiece.

To exude complete luxury, the inside features complete lining with Italian burgundy calfskin as well as Cobbler Union's exclusive quilted heel cup.

The Miquel is mounted on the stylish Louvre last and fitted with our exclusive fiddleback beveled waist sole, giving this exquisite shoe a sophisticated and bespoke-looking silhouette.

To take ultimate advantage of the Miquel's looks this summer, pair it with a tailored light wool or linen suit. For more casual occasions, combine the Miquel with tapered linen pants or dark selvedge jeans.

MIQUEL - FEATURES
Traditional Goodyear-Welted Construction
Fiddleback Beveled Waist Sole
Top-Grade French Calfskin
Burgundy Calfskin Lining
Hand-Applied Patina
Quilted Heel Cup
Louvre Last

Please, use this threat to comment on the model
and/or ask any questions you might have.

Or e-mail us to [email protected]

We will be more than happy to answer you and share with SF community.

Thanks,
The Cobbler Union Team

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Here I am! That's me!

Thank you so much to Cobbler Union for this fantastic surprise. The Chukka V will come to Madrid, Spain! I will post here that moment.

Best regards to SF members!
J.M.Colomo

Here we are!! Chukka V Boots delivered today to the lucky winner!!

They fitted perfectly, didn’t they? [emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks again to all the participants!! [emoji122][emoji122]

IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1897.JPG
IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1900.JPG

russell price

Reaction score
Hello all,

A few days ago I met Daniel González, from Cobbler Union, in Madrid, and I was given a pair of Chukka V, from #CUEuropeWeek raffle.
After the first use, I can give you my impressions of them.

2z9mb60.jpg

We all know the box that CU uses to distribute their products, so useful to stack them and also to let the shoes breathe.

21kasjr.jpg

Each boot comes into a bag, customized with the url of Cobbler Union.
I love this "Cognac" color tone. I had recently purchased another pair of burgundy boots, so this CU complement them.
The leather of Chukka V is Pebble Grain. I think it's more casual style and versatile, as well as it makes easier to repair the possible damage in the shoe.

e1cg28.jpg

One thing that caught my attention was the red stitching on the side, ending in a kind of flower made of four punctures. It's a beautiful detail.
I have seen pictures of these boots wearing red laces, and I liked them. I will probably try it.

2zfjq8g.jpg

Another beautiful detail you can find closely looking at he boot.

315let3.jpg

v8kgi0.jpg

o6mk43.jpg

The tongue and inner lining in high-quality cow leather. The smooth sewing makes the edge very confortable at the ankle area.

The beautiful quilted insole.

16hj0c5.jpg

Flat laces and only two eyelets.

18m5h1.jpg

Vibram sole, glued over goodyear welt. In my limited experience, this can help to not expose the stitching to the daily wear.
It's confortable and thick, and it provides a casual image as well.

2afl4bn.jpg

2ls11f.jpg

4tu69x.jpg

15q83ts.jpg

The putting on is extremely easy, thanks to the style of shoe.

I like the elongated shape of the boots, although my foot is wide, so that I have experienced some pain in my little finger - only the right one.

syqn4h.jpg

I love the look with a raw jean.

Finally, I felt the boot a bit hard in this first testing - a typical symptom of goodyear welting - but I'm sure that with the daily use and the cedar trees
inside them they will became confortable soon and one of my favourite shoes.

That's all and, also, to ask forgiveness for any mistakes I may have made.

Best regards and thanks a lot again to Cobbler Union!

Last edited:

rhymenoserous

Reaction score
Could I get a current in-store picture of the ROMI? I saw a picture on yelp that looked much darker than on the website.

Thanks!

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Could I get a current in-store picture of the ROMI? I saw a picture on yelp that looked much darker than on the website.

Thanks!

Dear Rhymenoserous,

Many thanks for your interest.
Please, find below In-Store pictures of ROMI and ROMI II.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions.
Best, Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads