• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It is very exciting for us at Cobbler Union to join the Style Forum family as an official affiliate sponsor. We are very much looking forward to meeting all of you as you represent the most knowledgeable and passionate menswear community in the world. To all of you we say, welcome to the Union.

For those of you who do not know us, in 2014, we embarked on an exciting journey to bring fairly-priced bespoke-inspired luxury shoes to men around the world. Like you, it is our love for shoes which inspires us to do what we do; the way we do it. And, while we have ambitious goals for our company, it is our ultimate mission to contribute to the preservation and promotion of our extraordinary craft.

By joining this great platform, we hope to answer your questions on sizing, fitting, and any other concerns you may have. We also hope to accomplish something bigger than that; we would love for each of you to join us on a ride of a lifetime as we build Cobbler Union into one of the most respected shoe brands in the world.

Proudly, Cobbler Union is off to a promising start; however, we are a young brand with much to accomplish and even much more to learn. Many of our peers have a 100-year head start on us. We admire them and over time strive to build a great company that we can all (customers, employees, friends...) be proud of. In time, we too hope to inspire the next generation of shoemakers.

Leading the way for Cobbler Union on this thread will be our very own Daniel González, head of European operations, with occasional appearances from other team members.

Let's begin!

The Union Team

Key Facts About Cobbler Union

+ Established in 2014
+ Headquarters in Atlanta, U.S. European office in Madrid, Spain
+ Flagship boutique in Atlanta, U.S.
+ Specialized in traditional Goodyear-welt construction
+ 100% Made in Spain
+ 100% top-grade calfskin uppers from tanneries in France, Italy and England
+ Offers free shipping worldwide. Free returns in the U.S. and E.U.
+ Has shipped to over 70 countries
+ Customer Service teams in United States and Europe
+ Global website: www.cobbler-union.com
+ European specific website: www.cobbler-union.eu

Last edited:

Vinsep

Reaction score
A while ago I was in the market of a pair of black wholecut Oxford, Your product was on my shortlist. However the lack of reviews really killed it because I have rather abnormal feet... That said, it’s good that you have more presence here.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a early adopter of your fine brand, I'm glad to see you around.
Best regards, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is nice to see that Cobbler Union has joined SF. Nowadays I own 6 MTO and 2 RTW pairs from CU, they are a fantiastic brand and very nice people to deal with, here is post I placed a couple of years ago (https://www.styleforum.net/threads/anyone-ever-hear-of-cobbler-union.382719/page-4) :

I have just recieved a pair of Alex MTO from Cobbler Union. I was looking for a pair of black calf longwings that I could use with a suit. I love the look and presence of a pair of gunboats (Church´s Grafton my favourite), but for my taste, they are not the best option with a super 100´s suit, somehow the heft of the gunboats do not match the light nature of a super 100's suit.

So I contact Daniel at Cobbler Union and I asked if their longwings named Alex, that are soled with rubber (similar to Dainite), could use leather soles. Inmediatley he informed that my request could be fullfiled by their MTO program so I pulled the trigger. Daniel also suggested using deep red linning and I accepted. Since I have a pair of Francis dub monks I was confident about the outcome.

Well, the shoes arrived and I am very very happy with them, the fit is perfect, the leather is on top, the shape and weight was what I was specting and the red quilted linning is beautiful. They are signed by the man that made them, Migui. I am waiting for the arrival of a pair of Louis boots and will ask for another pair of Alex in brown.

Cobbler Union´s shoes quality is very good, the construction is made with attention to detail, the design is modern but respecting the elegance of a classic shoe; but most importantly, they are nice people to deal with, open to new ideas and who enjoy giving slight twists to their products. Highly recomended.

By the way, I am not related in any way to Cobbler Union, I am a happy a owner of Church's, C&J, Loake, AE, AS, Cheaney who enjoys polishing shoes as a stress therapy.

Here some pictures, I love the coloured linnings:
P6210004.JPG
PA260265.JPG
P1090023.JPG
P1090011.JPG
P5120257.JPG
PB180259.JPG
PB190268.JPG

Daniel__G

Reaction score
A while ago I was in the market of a pair of black wholecut Oxford, Your product was on my shortlist. However the lack of reviews really killed it because I have rather abnormal feet... That said, it’s good that you have more presence here.

Welcome aboard !!

Phillip :)

As a early adopter of you fine brand, I'm glad to see you around.
Best regards, welcome to the forum.

Dears Vinsep, notdos and Mercurio,

Many thanks for you welcome messages!
I take the opportunity to introduce myself. Very excited about this new adventure!

Best,
Daniel

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Is nice to see that Cobbler Union has joined SF. Nowadays I own 6 MTO and 2 RTW pairs from CU, they are a fantastic brand and very nice people to deal with, here is post I placed a couple of years ago (https://www.styleforum.net/threads/anyone-ever-hear-of-cobbler-union.382719/page-4) :

Dear Juan Manuel,

Thanks for the welcome message! And the pictures!! They are great!

Best,
Daniel

PS: @All, please click HERE to see the complete threat mentioned by Juan Manuel

Daniel__G

Reaction score
@Cobbler Union
Will you guys have a Black Friday sale? If so, please be sure to post it here.

Thanks,
Phillip

Sure! We´ll be posting here indeed. Both Black Friday and Cyber Monday actions.
Thanks, Daniel

dynemacron

Reaction score
Reaching out to say welcome to the forum! Glad to see you guys on board. I've always liked your shoes, both aesthetically and-from what I've seen in store-the quality is quite good.

I think it would be nice if you guys8 made more accessible a listing of the range of options you have for made to order shoes-in terms of leather linings, exerior leathers, and sole options. I've always been curious just how many options I truly have.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you offer some advice about lasts and sizing? I ordered the William from you, and it is absolutely gorgeous to hold and to look at, but it fits me smaller than just about anything else I've tried. Any chance I just got one that came small?

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Reaching out to say welcome to the forum! Glad to see you guys on board. I've always liked your shoes, both aesthetically and-from what I've seen in store-the quality is quite good.

I think it would be nice if you guys8 made more accessible a listing of the range of options you have for made to order shoes-in terms of leather linings, exerior leathers, and sole options. I've always been curious just how many options I truly have.

Dynemacron, thanks for your welcome message!

And also thanks for the tip on Single Made-To-Order! We will think how to make it more clear in the website.

Basically, in the Cobbler Union Single MTO program we offer the possibility of combining any of the following options from the existing in The Collection:

- Model
- Leathers
- Last
- Sole
- Shoelaces

So, for example, we had recently a customer combining :

- Model : Chukka V
- Leather : Black Pebble Grain (instead of Cognac Pebble Grain)
- Last: 312 (instead of SOHO)
- Sole: Vibram Gumlite Comando (instead Vibram Gumlite)
- Shoelaces : 100% waxed cotton rounded (instead of flat)

Other option of the Cobbler Union Single MTO program is to launch a model that we are not manufacturing anymore (Limited Edition) or sizes TTS from 4UK / 5US / 38EU to 5.5UK / 6.5US / 39.5EU or sizes (TTS) from 12.5UK / 13.5US / 46.5EU to 14UK / 15US / 48EU. Or a combination of both, as we can see in the following picture (Limited Edition Richard II 4UK/5US/38EU and Richard 14UK/15US/48EU).

We are going to review how to make all these options clearer in our website.
Best,
Daniel

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Could you offer some advice about lasts and sizing? I ordered the William from you, and it is absolutely gorgeous to hold and to look at, but it fits me smaller than just about anything else I've tried. Any chance I just got one that came small?

Dear Acapaca,

At Cobbler Union it happens that sizes of different models made on different lasts are not the same. For example, models on 312 Last (like Miquel uR II) sizes 1/2 smaller than CITY Last (like William II). If you mean that your William fit smaller than other brands, it can also happen. It would be very rare that same model in same size does not fit the same.

Let´s do this if it is ok for you: please write to us at [email protected] and we have a closer look to your case. And when we get into a conclusion we share here. Ok for you?

Many thanks in advance!
Best, Daniel

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Great to see you here and your shoes look great. How does the SOHO last fit?

Aquafortis, thanks for your welcome message!

For standard feet, SOHO last fits True To Size (TTS). If you have wide feet or high instep, you should go 1/2 size up than TTS. If you have a very wide feet or very high instep, then we recommend to move to 312 last and go 1/2 size down.

If you email a couple of classic shoes brand/type/model/size to [email protected], we can recommend you the size in SOHO last or the best CU last and size that could fit you.

Looking forward to hearing from you back!
Best, Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics