• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchez2018

Reaction score
Does anyone have the George Brown Utah boots? Considering them as my first ever proper winter boots https://www.cobbler-union.eu/products/george-brown-utah-312

I'm UK7,5 across most brands. Should I opt for UK7? Also, if someone has pics of them in action, I'd love to see them. Thanks.

Yes, size down half a size from normal shoe size. I'm a between widths at US11.5 D/E and followed the suggested conversion and took a 10UK for a pair of chukkas on the 312. I've found them to be perfect with a good wool boot sock or thicker casual sock.

However, I don't own the George but the chukkas are made of the brown Utah leather. It's wonderful!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, size down half a size from normal shoe size. I'm a between widths at US11.5 D/E and followed the suggested conversion and took a 10UK for a pair of chukkas on the 312. I've found them to be perfect with a good wool boot sock or thicker casual sock.

However, I don't own the George but the chukkas are made of the brown Utah leather. It's wonderful!
Thanks. Just placed an order for UK7. Hope they're warm. They look great.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Cyber Monday is here!

Here is an
exclusive discount by way of thanks to all those who read, follow and participate in Style Forum and keep the art of Mens' Style alive.

What are you going to get with yours?

StyleForum-Cyber.jpg

Use code at checkout on full price items​

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cyber Monday is here!

Here is an exclusive discount by way of thanks to all those who read, follow and participate in Style Forum and keep the art of Mens' Style alive.

What are you going to get with yours?

View attachment 1711667

Use code at checkout on full price items​
Thanks. Is this only applicable for sizes that are in stock or for backorder as well? I'd like to try your penny loafers using the code but my size is out of stock.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Thanks. Is this only applicable for sizes that are in stock or for backorder as well? I'd like to try your penny loafers using the code but my size is out of stock.

We'd be happy to apply the discount to a pre-order. We'll send you a message to find out what you're interested in and get the ball rolling!

Kansai22

Reaction score
How does the 888 last fit compared to the Allen Edmonds Park Avenues?

Is it true to fit or does it run larger or smaller?

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
Henry's back in action!

@Betelgeuse How do the loafers fit? Do you take your normal size or size down by half?

Daniel__G

Reaction score

The 888 last runs large and we generally recommend taking half-size down from your regular size.
The AE 65 last is on the narrow side and the 888 is roomy in the width in comparison.

HTH!

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

In my experience, the 888 runs a lot bigger. I have a foot that teeters slightly on the wide side, somewhere between 10D/E US on the Brannock. The 65 last in 10E is a bit loose in the toe but snug everywhere else. In 10D it's too snug to downright uncomfortable everywhere, and the laces cannot come close to closing. I'm a regular 10D in most other brands, or a 9UK for the ones that use UK sizes, in whatever they call their medium width (F for English, EE for Spanish).

On the 888, on a 9.5 US, there's plenty of room in the toe and the instep is very high, so that in the mornings, it still felt too loose even when the v-gap was pulled closed all the way; I ended up putting a pad under the tongue to eat up the bit of extra space. In my specific case it might have been worthwhile to even try a full size down, though I suppose that might risk making it too short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads