• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few questions --
  1. Do the shoes have welt fudging?
  2. For those who have worn the shoes longer-term
    1. What's the break-in period?
    2. How is the creasing?
    3. What about sole wear -- better than average, less than JR?
    4. Does anyone know a good place to get toe taps installed, or do you think it's not needed?
  3. Anyone tried the Drivers? Good without socks at half-size down?

Recommendations for CU
  1. More filtering options on the website.
  2. Offer toe tap installation.
  3. Offer JR sole upgrades.
  4. Offer recrafting services.

Hello

I can help with some of the questions you posted:

For those who have worn the shoes longer-term

1.- What's the break-in period?
It depends on your feet and the shoe, I have several CU that have not required any break in time. Once I runed a Half Marathon and inmediately after the run (well after a good shower) I used for the first time a pair of CU without any issue.

2.- How is the creasing?

Depends on the shoe, the leather and your feet. I have not had any problem, CU leather is always very very good. As I understand the leather used by CU is supplied by the best tanneries.

3.- What about sole wear -- better than average, less than JR?

JR is great, I haven't made any comparison but certianly I have not had any problem. If I compare with other spanish, english or american brands I can say that CU's soles perform very well.

I hope this information helps.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Few questions --
  1. Do the shoes have welt fudging?
  2. For those who have worn the shoes longer-term
    1. What's the break-in period?
    2. How is the creasing?
    3. What about sole wear -- better than average, less than JR?
    4. Does anyone know a good place to get toe taps installed, or do you think it's not needed?
  3. Anyone tried the Drivers? Good without socks at half-size down?

Recommendations for CU
  1. More filtering options on the website.
  2. Offer toe tap installation.
  3. Offer JR sole upgrades.
  4. Offer recrafting services.
Hello

I can help with some of the questions you posted:

For those who have worn the shoes longer-term

1.- What's the break-in period?
It depends on your feet and the shoe, I have several CU that have not required any break in time. Once I runed a Half Marathon and inmediately after the run (well after a good shower) I used for the first time a pair of CU without any issue.

2.- How is the creasing?

Depends on the shoe, the leather and your feet. I have not had any problem, CU leather is always very very good. As I understand the leather used by CU is supplied by the best tanneries.

3.- What about sole wear -- better than average, less than JR?

JR is great, I haven't made any comparison but certianly I have not had any problem. If I compare with other spanish, english or american brands I can say that CU's soles perform very well.

I hope this information helps.

Hi apd90700!

On behalf of the Cobbler Union team, many thanks for your interest in Cobbler Union shoes and taking the time to share your recommendations with us.

We are able to confirm that most models in our GYW collection have welt fudging with the exception of some specific models. Just let us know which model you are particularly interested in and we'll be happy to share more details.

We can also confirm that we are able to fit toe taps to our shoes before shipping on request. If you would like them to be included in your order, please reach out to us via e-mail, chat or phone. We'll be happy to be of service.

Regarding the recrafting services and the JR sole upgrades, as you know, we are young and growing brand and these are both things that we would love to be able to offer in the future. At present we have great network of cobblers of trust who are familiar with our shoes and are able to offer these services. Again, just let us know if you would like to be put in touch.

For your other questions we'll leave it to the StyleForum members to offer you their personal experience, which we are confident they will happily do (like JUAN MANUEL did).

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi apd90700!

On behalf of the Cobbler Union team, many thanks for your interest in Cobbler Union shoes and taking the time to share your recommendations with us.

We are able to confirm that most models in our GYW collection have welt fudging with the exception of some specific models. Just let us know which model you are particularly interested in and we'll be happy to share more details.

We can also confirm that we are able to fit toe taps to our shoes before shipping on request. If you would like them to be included in your order, please reach out to us via e-mail, chat or phone. We'll be happy to be of service.

Regarding the recrafting services and the JR sole upgrades, as you know, we are young and growing brand and these are both things that we would love to be able to offer in the future. At present we have great network of cobblers of trust who are familiar with our shoes and are able to offer these services. Again, just let us know if you would like to be put in touch.

For your other questions we'll leave it to the StyleForum members to offer you their personal experience, which we are confident they will happily do (like JUAN MANUEL did).
Hoping you make a double monk boot someday!

apd90700

Reaction score
Hey Cobbler Union,

Are gift cards returnable, and if so, what's the return policy?

Regards.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Yeah, they pretty much skimp with some cheap materials, unfortunately. I have a couple of pairs of CU boots that have similarly ridiculous problems with the leather and rubber sole quality.

Hi LenteSucia, can you please contact us regarding the problems you are having? We would like to understand what they are about and, if possible, solve them.

You can email us to [email protected] or chat on www.cobbler-union.com or call us to +1-404-500-6828. You can also send us a StyleForum private message if you prefer.

Looking forward to helping you!

LenteSucia

Reaction score
Hi LenteSucia, can you please contact us regarding the problems you are having? We would like to understand what they are about and, if possible, solve them.

You can email us to [email protected] or chat on www.cobbler-union.com or call us to +1-404-500-6828. You can also send us a StyleForum private message if you prefer.

Looking forward to helping you!

We already went back and forth via email last year, but failed to come to a resolution. I moved on. Thank you.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Hey Cobbler Union,

Are gift cards returnable, and if so, what's the return policy?

Regards.

Dear apd90700 , Gift Cards are not returnable.

Please, let us know if you have additional questions.

I hope this helps.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cobbler Union -- Recommendation for light colored brown suede, Neutral or Brown SAPHIR RENOVATEUR SUEDE CONDITIONING SPRAY?
I really only ever use neutral. I’ve rarely needed to refresh the color of the suede. Clean them with suede cleaner, then use renovateur spray, and then invulner.

LenteSucia

Reaction score
Yeah, they pretty much skimp with some cheap materials, unfortunately. I have a couple of pairs of CU boots that have similarly ridiculous problems with the leather and rubber sole quality.

This is what my CU chukkas look like after one cleaning. The black comes right off.

Attachments

• CobblerUnion.jpg
    CobblerUnion.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 138

LenteSucia

Reaction score
@Cobbler Union -- Recommendation for light colored brown suede, Neutral or Brown SAPHIR RENOVATEUR SUEDE CONDITIONING SPRAY?
I've used both colored and neutral, and they are essentially the same since the color is so light. If you don't need to even the color, neutral is fine. Quality suede should be good for many years without needing any color touch ups.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
I've used both colored and neutral, and they are essentially the same since the color is so light. If you don't need to even the color, neutral is fine. Quality suede should be good for many years without needing any color touch ups.

apd90700 we agree with the 2 posts above. There is also something practical with Neutral : you can use it on any color of suede so you only have to buy one.

We hope this helps. Thanks!

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
I have a second pair and they have added some brass nails to the toes and they are wearing well.
this appears to have been a one off issue with them. And their customer service was fantastic in resolving the issue.

best of luck.

LenteSucia

Reaction score
I have a second pair and they have added some brass nails to the toes and they are wearing well.
this appears to have been a one off issue with them. And their customer service was fantastic in resolving the issue.

best of luck.
That's awesome. I never had my issues resolved and unfortunately never wear the two pairs I have, so I'm pretty much just out several hundreds of dollars. They were always nice via email, but I wasn't offered compensation either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads