• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Yes. This is them compared to my Justin Fitzpatrick and TLB artista blind stitch soles.
note: this is my second pair of cobbler union where the blind stitch wore in this manner. (I returned those due to the finishing of the uppers coming off when using saphir products)

C54B1D00-49B4-44FC-BD2C-671910D9D54E.jpeg

LThomsen

Reaction score
Yes. This is them compared to my Justin Fitzpatrick and TLB artista blind stitch soles.
note: this is my second pair of cobbler union where the blind stitch wore in this manner. (I returned those due to the finishing of the uppers coming off when using saphir products)

View attachment 1532406
CU customer service is good. I would contact them. I would be curious to hear how they address this issue with you.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Is this how the invisible channel stitching is supposed to wear out? It’s like layer of paper/tape covering the stitch line.

View attachment 1532047

View attachment 1532406

Hi TheChihuahua we received your email and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are reviewing the pictures you have shared with our production team in Spain and we will be reaching out to you shortly to find the best possible solution.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Introducing: Francis | Brown Suede | Louvre

What better way to step into 2021 with confidence than with our newest member of the Francis family!

Mounted on the Louvre last, the Francis elegantly tapers into a handsome soft-square toe.

Featuring a rich brown suede from Charles Stead tannery in England, our iconic quilted heel cup, and beautiful details throughout, the Francis is simply spectacular throughout.

Now that we are getting back in the game: dressing up, working, and moving forward, we recommend pairing with various tones of blues and greys. For a more casual yet sophisticated look, try these monkstraps with selvedge denim and a blazer.

Reminder: Save 10% + free shoe trees when you purchase a pair (or two) from our goodyear-welt collection.

Use code: CONFIDENCE10

28962003-87a4-462a-b267-01a7518fa1d3.jpeg

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score
LIMITED EDITION: Benjamin | Brown Utah | Ritz

Help us welcome the newest member of the Benjamin family.

Our respectful take on the ageless Chelsea boot is inspired by the combination of traditional silhouettes with contemporary contours. Mounted on the RITZ last, the Benjamin provides colossal versatility that your shoe collection has been yearning for this season.

The new Benjamin is crafted with a luxurious brown Utah calfskin sourced from French tannery, Haas, and completed with a cherry elastic for ease.

Reminder: Save 10% + free shoe trees when you purchase a pair (or two) from our goodyear-welt collection.

Use code: CONFIDENCE10

23f33fc0-c1a0-4c51-a28f-8e714017e86b.jpeg

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Hi TheChihuahua we received your email and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are reviewing the pictures you have shared with our production team in Spain and we will be reaching out to you shortly to find the best possible solution.

Fantastic response from their customer service. A brand that appreciates customer service goes a long way.

Thanks for that TheChihuahua!

What happened to you is not what we expect to happen on our closed channel soles.

We would like to take this opportunity to share with the SF Community some videos of our closed/invisible channel technique and reassure you all regarding the materials and techniques used.

Step 1: The sole is in fact made from one piece of leather that is slightly opened to create the area where the sole will be stitched. There is no extra layer of any material covering the sole.

Step 1 - Opening the channel

Step 2: The sole is stitched just under the opening of the sole.

Step 2 - Stitching the sole

Step 3: The part of the sole that was lifted is glued down.

Step 3 - Gluing the sole

Step 4: the sole (and the heel) is polished.

Step 4 - Polishing the sole

Step 5: the sole is painted to create the beautiful finish.

Step 5 - Painting the sole

The part of the shoe that has lifted in your case is not a separate layer, but the leather sole. It may appear to be a different layer or material due to the hand painted finish.

We would like to reassure you that the stitching is carried out just as with open channel stitched shoes. There is no risk that the stitching will open as the thread is treated with wax in such as way so that even if the thread wears, is broken or cut, the stitching will not come undone.

Also, it is important that, when the sole inevitably does begin to wear down, we don’t pull off parts of the sole but allow it to wear down uniformly and naturally.

Many thanks to your understanding as there is no quality control that can prevent this issue. The only way to see this happening or not is using the shoes.

We hope you and all the SF Community enjoys the explanation of what is happening behind the scenes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads