• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
@Cobbler Union can you show a picture of the Due and the Uno side by side for comparison. I have two Unos, but am curious how they compare with Due

Hi there! Posting the pictures you asked for. We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

We are launching worldwide very soon!
  • UNO is a DERBY
  • DUE is an OXFORD
IMG_7861.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.43.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.43.22 AM.png
    199 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Posting the picture you asked for. We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

We are launching worldwide very soon!
  • UNO is a DERBY
  • DUE is an OXFORD
Perfect! thanks! Now please also make a double-monk boot

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
Are you guys still doing MTO of older models? I'm an honorary investor and I really hope that option is still around.

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
Hi! It depends on the particularities of the case. Please, contact us at [email protected] with a short description of your project and we will be happy to review.

Thanks a lot for the question and the interest!

Hello there, I wonder if there is a way to get a catalog of the older CU models. Please let me know, I only came to know about CU in the past couple of months and I think I have missed out on some good models.

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
Hey @arturobelano , we are limiting the fiddleback waist on styles going forward as it was very difficult and expensive to resole. Our current models with the fiddleback waist, styles on the Louvre last, will continue to be produced and all other styles will be flat waisted with the close channeled sole.

Thank you,
CU

Awe, that's frustrating to hear from you guys. I really loved your fiddleback waist models, I'm honestly going to buy one each.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this open letter from @Cobbler Union , and thought that I'd share it with the Styleforum community, as it bears repeating:

To our global community,

It's hard to believe it's been four months since I first wrote a letter sharing my initial thoughts on the COVID-19 pandemic and how I believed it would impact Cobbler Union.

Today, I write to you again hoping you and your loved ones remain in good health as we endure this historic ordeal. The COVID-19 pandemic, with its seemingly endless challenges, has put all things in perspective, hasn't it? However, despite the great hurdles we continue to face, I'd like to offer an inspiring and positive view of our world and humanity.

Over the past few months, we've seen millions of fellow citizens step up in unprecedented ways. And, I've experienced a great deal of leadership personally from our suppliers, my incredible team, and you, our customer - not to mention all the magnificent essential workers putting their lives at risk every day. I like to call this type of leadership: ethical leadership.

Ethical leadership is extremely powerful and selfless. Those who practice it are the true heroes in this pandemic.

Cobbler Union's suppliers in Spain, Portugal and Italy were hit extremely hard by this virus. However, each of them, as best as they could, worked closely with our team to adjust production and delivery schedules and, often, payment terms. They clearly understood that we all needed each other to survive this crisis before we can prosper again. I'm honored to call them our partners.

Another group of people that practices ethical leadership like no other is the amazing Cobbler Union team. We're a smaller team than we were in March, but that's just in numbers. My team is immense and I can't thank them enough for their dedication and effort during these difficult times. It's extremely hard to work right now given all the external distractions and worries. It's even harder to work as hard as this team has worked to service each and every customer in order to keep our wheels turning. I'm forever grateful for their commitment.

Of course, we wouldn't be here today without you, our loyal customer. We know you're struggling too. We also know you may not need to purchase shoes right now. Yet, you continue to come through for us, time and time again, some of you even rejecting the discounts we currently offer. Simply amazing. These are extremely difficult times in our industry. We appreciate your support. We need your support. If you can, this is a great time to buy our shoes. We will, at some point, get back to selling our products at full price. In the meantime, it's a buyer's market. Go for it, build your collection now and save big!

Lastly, I must recognize our UPS and FedEx drivers as well as all the other essential workers around the world. These courageous people are not working from home! There would be no Cobbler Union without them. They've earned our business for life.

We are in for a long fight to return to normal. Most of us are tired of COVID-19 and the pain it generates. We're also anxious about the future and may even feel hopeless at times. However, we should all be inspired by all the good and sacrifice we see every day. People from all walks of life are coming through, working hard, some risking their lives, many investing in others, all making a difference.

Find the ethical leaders around you. Thank them. Use their energy to inspire you. Personally, I count on your ethical leadership to continue to cheer us on, help us pull through this crisis and defeat this virus (do wear a mask and practice social distancing!). Together, we can create a new and better normal.

With great appreciation,

Daniel Porcelli
Founder & CEO

Daniel__G

Reaction score
It's time to take control.

Like me, you're likely wondering what the hell is going on! Why can't we get our act together? Why can't we all work collectively to stop the spread of this virus? Why do we feel so helpless? So many why's...

The resulting psychological token from this wild rollercoaster ride cannot be underestimated. Last week, a friend of mine suggested I watch one of my favorite leadership gurus, Simon Sinek, discuss emotional intelligence and feelings during a pandemic in his latest video. In much anticipation, I expected to hear the unshakeable optimistic offer survival tactics required to thrive through this pandemic. Instead, I found a visibly broken, vulnerable Simon. He too had found himself isolated and inferior during the crisis. Very few can deny this: we've all been in a funk, frustrated, and at some point over the past few months.

The next several weeks will be monumental for our country and for each of us. I believe we need a massive paradigm shift. Not just to get this pandemic under control (I'll leave that to the experts), but to regain our mojo.

Unquestionably, it's ok to feel isolated, distant, uneasy about economic uncertainty, afraid of catching this lucid virus, and frustrated during the search of a new normalcy. Give yourself permission to sort through these emotions for a minute or two - but then take action. Regain control. You may be a little off your game - that's normal. Rewrite your goals. Get up. Get dressed. Get going. Know that your inner badass is still there, ready to kick ass again.

Time to get back in the game!

As I shared in my last post, "The Power of Ethical Leadership", while the pandemic has tested even the strongest of minds world-wide, it has also given countless people a platform to showcase awe-inspiring levels of commitment and resiliency. These are the people we must emulate now.

At Cobbler Union, we're going to do our part to help our community by sharing incredible stories of sacrifice, hard work, determination, and vigor. As Jeff Bezos said in last week's congressional hearing, despite our current challenges, we should be very optimistic about our future. Regardless of what skeptics say, the truth is we still live in a world where our dreams can be realized. This virus can't stop us!

So, stay tuned for a compelling "GET BACK IN THE GAME INTERVIEW SERIES" featuring several resilient men and women who, despite the pandemic, are still making sh*t happen everyday.

Thank you always for your support!

Daniel Porcelli
Founder & CEO

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Be Like Mike.png

"... IT'S THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU GET BACK UP."

Name: Mike H.
Profession: UPS Driver

When we conceived the "Get Back In The Game" interview series, we immediately thought of our UPS driver, Mike. We believe he epitomizes integrity, resiliency, and the utmost dedication to his craft. Mike's workload during this pandemic has quadrupled!

At Cobbler Union, we heavily rely on Mike to arrive on time, pick up customer packages, drop off imported product from our factory, and make sure returns and exchanges arrive safely and undamaged. Customer satisfaction has driven our success, and we slowly earn trust, over time, by doing the hard things well. He helps us build our customers' trust - delivering and receiving on time.

Without Mike, there would be no Cobbler Union during this pandemic. We hope you are as inspired as we are.

Here's what he has to say:

Mike, there's been no working from home for you during the pandemic. While many people have shielded themselves from the virus, you've come to work every day since this crisis unfolded. You've been a hero and our most important business partner. I'm not sure people know or appreciate how hard you guys work.

How would you describe this pandemic from such a unique view point?

Mike H:
"I was taken back to start with, but then realized I was blessed to be able to provide for my family, and it took a lot of extra work for me even after I got home. After being hammered all day, I still have to remain conscious to not walk in the door. First thing I do before seeing my family is undress in my garage, go straight to the shower, and then wash my uniform.

I've been working late hours and don't like it, but I kew some people weren't able to get out and expose themselves to the virus. Many people had to order online to get what they needed, and I had to deliver it to them. It put a lot of stress on my wife and me because we had to work, be a school teacher, be a mom, be a dad, and find the time to play with our kids too."

How has the pandemic affected you personally and professionally?

MH
: "I have to say that I was a little nervous about it because I have a son who has a lower immune system, and we had to be extremely careful around him. Luckily, nobody in my house has gotten it, and other than a handful of friends, my direct house has been blessed to be free of any form of this virus."

How many packages do you deliver/pick up daily? Is this a significant increase compared to pre-COVID?

MH
: "My route typically ranges between 150-250 on average for this time of the season. However, since the pandemic began my truck has between 350-425. Now in terms of pick up, volume has almost quadrupled and I have had some days where they would have to send me another truck to complete the last few pick up's. It's been very hectic at times, but we push on!"

How do you prepare mentally/physically for this influx? Do you feel protected and safe to complete your tasks daily?

MH
: "I start my morning with a little bit of reading from my Bible app. I just try to make sure that I tackle my day with positive thoughts, prayers, and music. Do I feel protected and safe? At times I can say yes, I'm always sanitizing but sometimes I do forget to grab my mask at the last second... it's just TOO HOT."

With the increase of online shopping, do you think you'll be able to manage the increased workload through the end of the year? Are you expecting an even greater uptick in working hours and labor since holiday is less than 5 months away?

MH
: "Yes, I do think that we are pretty much already into what we call 'peak season'. Aside, from having online sales go to their highest numbers yet, I think we are about to slide right into the holidays."

If you had to give our customers who has been in a bit of a funk or a bit depressed, or anyone else for that matter, any advice to get 'back in the game', what would it be?

MH
: "It's not how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up!"

What are you most optimistic about right now?

MH
: "Even though we might not be able to see it, the sun is always shining above the clouds... We have to go out there and just do it."

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication, Mike! Thank your UPS driver today!

Last edited:

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
BUYERS BE AWARE

There is something seriously wrong with Cobbler Union's quality control. To anyone looking to purchase a pair of shoes from Cobbler Union, I think you should know my experience beforehand.

I participated in the Honorary Investor program a while back and still had some gift card balance left. I decided to get a pair of Chelseas, so I made my order on August 23rd. Little did I know what I was getting myself into.

I received the pair on September 10th, and the right boot came with a scuff on the heel. Ugh, that's unfortunate, I thought. I shipped them back for replacement. Since the Ritz last fitted alright, I made another order of a pair of Guillaume balmoral boots. This was on September 11th.

A picture of the scuff. It would be fine if it's on a pair of factory seconds, but not on a pair of firsts.
CU1.jpg

The pair of "Guillaume" was shipped directly from Spain and received on September 21st. To my surprise, when I opened the box, pulled the boots out of the bags, a pair of beautiful jumper boots in Utah leather appeared in front of me. And, yeah, it came in a totally wrong size as well. That's unfortunate, I thought. So I returned the pair, and Danielle, the customer service rep, promised me a jar of cream as a compensation. Not that the cream would make much of a difference; at least, the attitude is respectable.

CU2.jpg

Then it came to October 2nd, the day I received my pair of Guillaume in the right leather, the right last, and the right size. How could anything go wrong now? Just as I was attempting to put on the right boot, I heard a little thread tearing, and then, the pull loop snapped right off. I was astonished and speechless. They'll be going to Atlanta tomorrow, and my Chelsea replacement will be delivered, too. Wish me luck, guys.

CU3.jpg

I hope my disappointing experience is at least entertaining for you. Keep in mind what you might be getting into before ordering your next pair of Cobbler Union.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just rolled through and picked up a BAMF pair of shoes, socks and a nice pocket square.

CU is good people. Another reason to live in the World's Greatest City (Atlanta) is to visit the shop and see all they got.

Betta

Reaction score
BUYERS BE AWARE

There is something seriously wrong with Cobbler Union's quality control. To anyone looking to purchase a pair of shoes from Cobbler Union, I think you should know my experience beforehand.

I participated in the Honorary Investor program a while back and still had some gift card balance left. I decided to get a pair of Chelseas, so I made my order on August 23rd. Little did I know what I was getting myself into.

I received the pair on September 10th, and the right boot came with a scuff on the heel. Ugh, that's unfortunate, I thought. I shipped them back for replacement. Since the Ritz last fitted alright, I made another order of a pair of Guillaume balmoral boots. This was on September 11th.

A picture of the scuff. It would be fine if it's on a pair of factory seconds, but not on a pair of firsts.
View attachment 1471563

The pair of "Guillaume" was shipped directly from Spain and received on September 21st. To my surprise, when I opened the box, pulled the boots out of the bags, a pair of beautiful jumper boots in Utah leather appeared in front of me. And, yeah, it came in a totally wrong size as well. That's unfortunate, I thought. So I returned the pair, and Danielle, the customer service rep, promised me a jar of cream as a compensation. Not that the cream would make much of a difference; at least, the attitude is respectable.

View attachment 1471570

Then it came to October 2nd, the day I received my pair of Guillaume in the right leather, the right last, and the right size. How could anything go wrong now? Just as I was attempting to put on the right boot, I heard a little thread tearing, and then, the pull loop snapped right off. I was astonished and speechless. They'll be going to Atlanta tomorrow, and my Chelsea replacement will be delivered, too. Wish me luck, guys.

View attachment 1471572

I hope my disappointing experience is at least entertaining for you. Keep in mind what you might be getting into before ordering your next pair of Cobbler Union.
Did you finally get your Guillaume, any initial impressions or review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads