• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Does the gift card purchase count towards the lifetime status?

You bet!. We will calculate the value of all purchases including gift cards after April 30th. So if you buy a gift card now and buy another one later etc, those will total your lifetime investor discount.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
We're Going Virtual!

Our stores are closed, but our Master Fitters are still available to help.

With the new challenges we've all been facing the past few weeks, we continue to find ways to adapt and better serve you.

Now, you can receive one-on-one fitting assistance in the comfort of your own home!

Contact us to set up your individual Fit Session.

By Phone:
404-500-6828

By Email:
[email protected]

-------

VIRTUAL FIT

Our fitters will answer any questions you have in regards to size, last, proper fit, and discuss your lifestyle and daily footwear needs. They'll explain key considerations to be mindful of when trying your new shoes on as well as what to expect during the breaking in period.

SHOE CARE

We are frequently asked "How do I take care of my new shoes?" We want to make sure you have all the necessary information to keep your shoes healthy and beautiful for years to come.

Grab a cold drink and book your virtual appointment today!

soto_nw

Reaction score
@soto_nw hmm. tough choices!! The Henry loafer has taken up 3 out of your 5 choices.. Maybe we should just decide the color?

We are currently developing a new penny loafer with a more almond toe. Not quite like the 888, but not as wide as the Monaco last which Henry is mounted on. Unfortunately, our factory in Spain has just closed due to COVID, and we have yet to receive the final sample. Stay tuned thought!

Regardless, now is the time to buy with 20% off site wide + becoming an honorary investor with a life time discount! Your generosity so extremely appreciated. It's members like you who keep us fighting strong! We will all prosper through this time.

Thank you for the reply! Hopefully this will all be over soon, but I truly hope the whole Cobbler Union family (up and down the supply chain) is staying safe and healthy.

Look forward to the new loafer when you're all ready to unveil (hopefully this will be over soon).

I think I'm leaning very heavily towards the Noah now...very few Derbies that match it's beauty!

Thanks again, and please stay healthy.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to keep my brain busy in times of COVID-19 so is Shoeshine Time!! until quarantine lasts.

Brand: Cobbler Union
Model: Alex (MTO)
Supplier: Cobbler Union
Last: Inman
Colour: Brown, racing green leather quilted linning
Note: I was looking for a longwing not as heavy as the usual "gunboat" (rounded last, double sole); a shoe that could be used with lighter suits (100's / 120's) and CU supplied the solution. The patern is very balanced, something difficult to achive in a LWB. Thank you Daniel.

I am becoming an Honorary Investor with a Gift Card for myself. Great idea and an excellent opportunity to support this craft and the people that bring shoes to us.

IMG_7426.JPG
IMG_7427.JPG
IMG_7428.JPG
IMG_7429.JPG

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Ever since I bought my whole cut navy oxford from CU (my favorite shoe in my collection), I've been in love with the brand.
Amazing deal. Is it $1000 pre 20% or post?

It's amount paid :) Total purchases to qualify for lifetime discounts are calculated by net purchase amount (actually $$ paid).

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand: Cobbler Union
Model: Francis II (MTO)
Supplier: Cobbler Union
Last: City
Sole: Vibram
Colour: Cognac grain, racing green leather quilted linning

Note: A great purchase, a very nice double monk in Vibram sole, very light shoe. The day after this shoes arrived I run a half marathon; after running the 21K I wore them without any issue.

IMG_8177.JPG
IMG_8178.JPG
IMG_8180.JPG
IMG_8181.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8181.JPG
    IMG_8181.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 34

Daniel__G

Reaction score
We did it! ... We're Youtube Famous! First, we'd like to thank Trent and Heath for always believing in us, the Academy for nominating us with these other exceptional brands....

But, in all seriousness, we had a wonderful time with our good friends Trent and Heath from Nashville. Check out their Youtube channel for all things repairs, shoes, shoe shining tips, etc. You can definitely get lost spending hours of time learning whatever your heart desires. (Link embedded in picture.)

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.42.04 AM.png

Enjoy!

soto_nw

Reaction score
So, I decided to got with the Noah. Frankly, they were too beautiful to pass up. I'm a sucker for a soft chisel or a good almond shaped toe (though I'm an equal opportunist Cobbler Union toe shape kind of guy).

I then decided that I'd love them even more if they were lighter and had some red in them....enter a bit of Reno Mat, Saphir Renovateur, Saphir Hermes Red Cream Polish, and Saphir Mahogany Wax Polish (need to by the Hermes Red Cream Polish). I think they came out alright...thoughts?

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8948.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8947.jpeg
    IMG_8947.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 124

soto_nw

Reaction score
Looks nice. I d still mirror shine the tip a little more.

That's a good point. I was going to, but:

1) Always harder to mirror shine a new pair
2) I might lighten up certain areas of the shoe a little more (so didn't want to really put in work if might strip it away)
3) I need to send them in to add toe plates (if they can make it work for them financially, it'd be great if Cobbler Union could offer toe plate as an add-on - wouldn't want you to offer it if you had to take a loss).

I will have to put up new pics once they get that mirror shine ;)

Yoda_in_oxfords

Reaction score
That's a good point. I was going to, but:

1) Always harder to mirror shine a new pair
2) I might lighten up certain areas of the shoe a little more (so didn't want to really put in work if might strip it away)
3) I need to send them in to add toe plates (if they can make it work for them financially, it'd be great if Cobbler Union could offer toe plate as an add-on - wouldn't want you to offer it if you had to take a loss).

I will have to put up new pics once they get that mirror shine ;)
I would also be happy to see a toe plate option in the future. I send my shoes out of state for toe plates (don't have any here that will do it). The installation is only about $45, but it's the back & forth shipping that kills me. If it were an OEM option at Cobbler Union, it would save a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads