• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand: Cobbler Union
Model: Francis
Supplier: Cobbler Union
Last: City
Colour: Brown (grain)
Note: My first pair of CU, the materials, quilted heel cup and atention to detail are great. In CU website you can find a some spectators that are beautiful, a sample of the great artisans that make these shoes. Great reviews at Parisian Gentleman and Claymoore's List.

IMG_7480.JPG
IMG_7481.JPG
IMG_7482.JPG
IMG_7483.JPG

Daniel__G

Reaction score
IMG_1788.jpg

To our global community,

The COVID-19 crisis certainly puts everything into perspective, not only with regard to public health and safety, but also with regard to our role as business leaders.

At Cobbler Union, we’ve wrestled with the most basic ethical dilemma since this horrible pandemic started unfolding:

What's the right thing to do for our company in the midst of so much hardship and pain?

This whole situation is so overwhelmingly scary and consuming. For the time being, selling shoes is obviously no longer a top priority. However, there is one very important thing we, small businesses, can do: KEEP AMERICA EMPLOYED (More on this below).

To do so, WE NEED YOUR HELP. Like most businesses, current events have greatly impacted our company - most significantly the amazing individuals who so passionately work hard to preserve and promote our beautiful craft.

TO HELP US, we are not asking for a donation. Instead, we are inviting you to become an HONORARY INVESTOR in our company.

How do you become an HONORARY INVESTOR?

Simply, purchase something from our collection or, preferably (since you are likely not in the mood for shopping), consider buying a Cobbler Union Gift Card.
As an Honorary Investor, you will not only help us keep Cobbler Union running and our team employed during this unprecedented pandemic, but also QUALIFY FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS - today and for life.

This Is How It Works:
Starting today, enjoy 20% OFF SITE WIDE. This offer is valid through April 30th, 2020 at the earliest. During this time, every purchase you make will be added to calculate your unique LIFETIME DISCOUNT as follows:

Cumulative Purchase AmountLifetime Discount
$100 to $2495%
$250 to $49910%
$500 to $74915%
$750 to $99920%
$1,000 +25%

Important: Your lifetime discount will be calculated by adding all of your cumulative purchases made between today and April 30th, 2020. (This date is subject to change depending on the government’s actions and decisions, which may extend current restrictions.) Your lifetime discount will be activated on May 1st or when this promotion ends, whichever comes last. Lifetime discount cannot be combined with other future promotions. Gift cards never expire and cannot be redeemed for cash.

THE FIGHT WE CAN ALL FIGHT TOGETHER AND WIN TODAY.

Widespread unemployment is the second global pandemic we are all fighting together as a result of the Coronavirus crisis. Unemployment figures in the US alone could reach as high as 30% this year; figures not seen since the Great Depression, almost 100 years ago. These numbers are dramatic.

While Congress is busy arguing about the size and scope of its stimulus package(s), businesses like ours are doing everything we can to stay alive. Who knows if any of the stimulus money will ever reach us! What we do know is we have thousands of loyal customers and followers who can help us keep our team employed through this big mess. We also know entrepreneurs are the most resilient part of the economy. Many of us started our companies in our garage. We can do it, and, if necessary, we will do it again.

With your help we can do our part in keeping America employed. Also, remember every purchase you make not only helps our team in the US but also our partners in Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Germany, England, Denmark and Japan - countries also struggling with COVID-19.

We appreciate your support and look forward to happier days.

Be well,

Daniel Porcelli

Co-Founder & CEO

Daniel__G

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of black double monks, and a pair of black Balmoral boots.
Happy to support an American business and American workers.
Please support your local law enforcement.
God bless America, and the world.

Thank you for your support! Both top-sellers! We are very thankful for APD - they keep our families safe and always the first to respond. Even our security team at PCM is outstanding! Be well!

Send pictures when you wear them! Would love to post on our outlets!

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Will be supporting the team at CU. Be making a purchase today.

Also, please, send pictures when you where them! Would love to post through our social outlets. Thank you so much for your support!

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Model: Francis
Last: City
Colour: Brown (grain)
Note: My first pair of CU, the materials, quilted heel cup and atention to detail are great. In CU website you can find a some spectators that are beautiful, a sample of the great artisans that make these shoes. Great reviews at Parisian Gentleman and Claymoore's List.

View attachment 1358962 View attachment 1358963 View attachment 1358964 View attachment 1358965

Wow! A CU original! When did you buy Francis Pebble Grain? They look as good as new. Do you polish them yourself??

Daniel__G

Reaction score
The Robert 888 Oxbloods arrived by UPS today. I must say they are really spectacular. Many thanks Jeremy for the A+ customer service!

View attachment 1326824

Amazing picture! Have you worn them yet? A lot of customers ask how to style oxblood shoes, so if you have pictures wearing them, we'd love to show them how aficionado's are wearing them

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Trying to keep my brain busy in times of COVID-19 so is Shoeshine Time!! until quarantine lasts.

Model: Alex (MTO)
Last: Inman
Colour: Black, red leather quilted linning
Note: I was looking for a longwing not as heavy as the usual "gunboat" (rounded last, double sole); a shoe that could be used with lighter suits (100's / 120's) and CU supplied the solution. The patern is very balanced, something difficult to achive in a LWB. Thank you Daniel.

View attachment 1358439 View attachment 1358440 View attachment 1358441 View attachment 1358442

Do you have a video of yourself shining the shoes? Or any before pictures to compare?

yusufhar

Reaction score

To our global community,

The COVID-19 crisis certainly puts everything into perspective, not only with regard to public health and safety, but also with regard to our role as business leaders.

At Cobbler Union, we’ve wrestled with the most basic ethical dilemma since this horrible pandemic started unfolding:

What's the right thing to do for our company in the midst of so much hardship and pain?

This whole situation is so overwhelmingly scary and consuming. For the time being, selling shoes is obviously no longer a top priority. However, there is one very important thing we, small businesses, can do: KEEP AMERICA EMPLOYED (More on this below).

To do so, WE NEED YOUR HELP. Like most businesses, current events have greatly impacted our company - most significantly the amazing individuals who so passionately work hard to preserve and promote our beautiful craft.

TO HELP US, we are not asking for a donation. Instead, we are inviting you to become an HONORARY INVESTOR in our company.

How do you become an HONORARY INVESTOR?

Simply, purchase something from our collection or, preferably (since you are likely not in the mood for shopping), consider buying a Cobbler Union Gift Card.
As an Honorary Investor, you will not only help us keep Cobbler Union running and our team employed during this unprecedented pandemic, but also QUALIFY FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS - today and for life.

This Is How It Works:
Starting today, enjoy 20% OFF SITE WIDE. This offer is valid through April 30th, 2020 at the earliest. During this time, every purchase you make will be added to calculate your unique LIFETIME DISCOUNT as follows:

Cumulative Purchase AmountLifetime Discount
$100 to $2495%
$250 to $49910%
$500 to $74915%
$750 to $99920%
$1,000 +25%

Important: Your lifetime discount will be calculated by adding all of your cumulative purchases made between today and April 30th, 2020. (This date is subject to change depending on the government’s actions and decisions, which may extend current restrictions.) Your lifetime discount will be activated on May 1st or when this promotion ends, whichever comes last. Lifetime discount cannot be combined with other future promotions. Gift cards never expire and cannot be redeemed for cash.

THE FIGHT WE CAN ALL FIGHT TOGETHER AND WIN TODAY.

Widespread unemployment is the second global pandemic we are all fighting together as a result of the Coronavirus crisis. Unemployment figures in the US alone could reach as high as 30% this year; figures not seen since the Great Depression, almost 100 years ago. These numbers are dramatic.

While Congress is busy arguing about the size and scope of its stimulus package(s), businesses like ours are doing everything we can to stay alive. Who knows if any of the stimulus money will ever reach us! What we do know is we have thousands of loyal customers and followers who can help us keep our team employed through this big mess. We also know entrepreneurs are the most resilient part of the economy. Many of us started our companies in our garage. We can do it, and, if necessary, we will do it again.

With your help we can do our part in keeping America employed. Also, remember every purchase you make not only helps our team in the US but also our partners in Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Germany, England, Denmark and Japan - countries also struggling with COVID-19.

We appreciate your support and look forward to happier days.

Be well,

Daniel Porcelli

Co-Founder & CEO

Is the 20% off applicable to gift cards as well? I live in Canada and usually ship to a US address but can’t cross the border at this time. Was hoping to use it for a later purchase.

soto_nw

Reaction score
Will definitely be making at least one purchase to support CU (waiting for my next check). Can't decide between:

1) Noah in Museum Oxblood (I do not own any goodyear welted Derbies yet, have a ton of oxfords, including 2 from CU, a monks trap, and some boots, but 0 loafers or derbies)
2) Henry in Museum Brown
2a) Henry in Museum Navy
2b) Henry in Brown Grain
3) Robert Brown Suede - 371

Someone please help me make a decision.

If I'm able to buy a second shoe it's likely a sneaker in cognac.

To be honest though I have 3 loafers on my decision making list one of my holdups is that I wish you had loafers on something similar to the 888 last (though I do like the loafers quite a bit already)...either way I will be helping out in any way I can. Ever since I bought my whole cut navy oxford from CU (my favorite shoe in my collection), I've been in love with the brand.

Hope all at the CU family are staying healthy and doing well.

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Is the 20% off applicable to gift cards as well? I live in Canada and usually ship to a US address but can’t cross the border at this time. Was hoping to use it for a later purchase.

@yusufhar Yes! It is applicable to Gift Cards as well! Gift cards never expire too!

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Will definitely be making at least one purchase to support CU (waiting for my next check). Can't decide between:

1) Noah in Museum Oxblood (I do not own any goodyear welted Derbies yet, have a ton of oxfords, including 2 from CU, a monks trap, and some boots, but 0 loafers or derbies)
2) Henry in Museum Brown
2a) Henry in Museum Navy
2b) Henry in Brown Grain
3) Robert Brown Suede - 371

Someone please help me make a decision.

If I'm able to buy a second shoe it's likely a sneaker in cognac.

To be honest though I have 3 loafers on my decision making list one of my holdups is that I wish you had loafers on something similar to the 888 last (though I do like the loafers quite a bit already)...either way I will be helping out in any way I can. Ever since I bought my whole cut navy oxford from CU (my favorite shoe in my collection), I've been in love with the brand.

Hope all at the CU family are staying healthy and doing well.

@soto_nw hmm. tough choices!! The Henry loafer has taken up 3 out of your 5 choices.. Maybe we should just decide the color?

We are currently developing a new penny loafer with a more almond toe. Not quite like the 888, but not as wide as the Monaco last which Henry is mounted on. Unfortunately, our factory in Spain has just closed due to COVID, and we have yet to receive the final sample. Stay tuned thought!

Regardless, now is the time to buy with 20% off site wide + becoming an honorary investor with a life time discount! Your generosity so extremely appreciated. It's members like you who keep us fighting strong! We will all prosper through this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads