• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
full

Celebrate America's birthday in style.

Go fourth with the freedom to wear the
Barcelona Driving Mocs whenever you want.

Take 20% OFF at checkout by using code USA20 (*).

(*) Discount cannot be combined with any other promotion or applied to previous purchases. Valid for in stock items only. Sale ends at Midnight on Monday, July 9th. Other terms & conditions apply.

Last edited:

dynemacron

Reaction score

Our first-ever sneakers collection.

5 different colors.

TODAY last day to join the waitlist.

------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WAITLIST

------------------------------------------

Members who join the waitlist will receive a 20% OFF discount coupon
and exclusive early access to the new collection.

Pre-orders available in July.

So out of curiosity, in the official launch and email description, it states that they are sewn. I have two pairs of Buttero, a maker that users Margom soles, one of which is at the end of its life, and after reaching out to the customer service, they said they cannot be resoled because they are glued. Are the sneakers able to be resoled?

Daniel__G

Reaction score
So out of curiosity, in the official launch and email description, it states that they are sewn. I have two pairs of Buttero, a maker that users Margom soles, one of which is at the end of its life, and after reaching out to the customer service, they said they cannot be resoled because they are glued. Are the sneakers able to be resoled?

Technically, Cobbler Union Sneakers could be re-soled as they are stitched (we do not know about the brand you mention). But factually standard Cobblers may not offer this service as the needed machine is specific and getting Margom soles for Repairs might not be even possible for them either. Cobbler Union as global brand is not offering this service because total cost could be even higher than replacing by a new pair.

We hope this helps!

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Introducing UNO
Use code "SNEAK20" to experience UNO at a greater value.
20% Discount valid through July 31st.

What’s UNO?

UNO is our new luxury sneaker handcrafted with the same premium leathers we use to make our Goodyear-welted shoes and fitted with the famous Italian Margom® rubber cup-soles, the same soles you'd find on $400+ sneakers.

When can I buy my UNO?

You can pre-order your UNO today. Due to the limited quantities available for pre-order, we encourage you to reserve your pair early.
The first batch of UNO will sell out fast.

When will my UNO sneakers ship?

We expect the first UNO batch to ship
by the 3rd week of August.

How does UNO fit?

UNO’s sizing is simple. For a perfect fit, take your normal size. Go up to nearest whole size if you wear a half size.

It's finally time to see what we've been working on...

PRE-ORDER UNO Vintage Blue

PRE-ORDER UNO Vintage Cognac

PRE-ORDER UNO Vintage Oak

PRE-ORDER UNO Cognac Suede

PRE-ORDER Stone Suede

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
I've recently received my Gilbert IV oxford in Louvre last and while I usually wait a few years before giving my opinion on a pair of shoes I like to be more vocal when I'm satisfied with a lesser known brand!

Pics :
ox00hwl.jpg
CRLBrBT.jpg
QRb2w9g.jpg
AisN6OQ.jpg
iXSDRc9.jpg
0NxLSQg.jpg

First of all, the leather of the upper AND the inner is spotless, not too stiff but not too supple either (supple leather isn't an issue as long as it's a quality one anyway) , the first wear was painless. I really love the grain which really offset the formal side of the Oxford, the Gilbert IV is easier to wear than most oxfords for me.
The heel cushion is a very welcome, stylish feature and one of Cobbler Union's trademark I believe; it doesn't make an enormous difference but if you're wearing your shoes barefeet or with thin socks the additional comfort at the heel is definitely noticeable, especially during long walks. It's also nice that the name of the brand is nowhere to be found on the actual shoes, I'd want all my shoes to be nameless.

Regarding the craftmanship, only time will tell how solid it is but they're very well made from what I can see, the welt stitching is well done, the stitching on the leather is tight and clean (I often find misaligned stitching in lower priced brands) and I really appreciate the beveled waist.
The Louvre last might be one of my favorite last in all the brands I've bought from so far, be it for the look or the fit.
I have a very low instep (not a flat foot though) and very narrow feet but it fits me very well; I'm really glad because I'm often forced to wear thick socks in most European brands whose lasts are often made for people with a high instep.

Finally, I'd like to mention how good the customer service is. Daniel was very responsive and helpful, it was like buying from the retail shop itself in terms of service. I buy most of my shoes online but for people who are afraid to do so there is absolutely no reason to be wary of buying from CU.

I'm not one to care too much about value for money since I tend to just buy what I like but Cobbler Union is definitely one of the best brands out there if you're looking for a good quality/price ratio. I like to temper my praises most of the time but here I didn't find anything worth complaining about (maybe the beveled waist, some pics on the shop are accentuating the curve comparing to what it really looks like). One of the best brands in its price range and I'd really like to do a "crash test" with a pair a CU and a few other pairs from higher priced brands. I recommend giving CU a try, if not for the craftmanship they also have a wide array of good looking, unique designs such as the Romi.

I'll probably get a pair of Louis next, or the Noah V :) ( brown suede chelsea boots in the Louvre last would be awesome too)

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score

Our Anniversary Sale starts today.
To kick things off, we are discounting 20 great styles.
Shoes start at $149.

Today through July 31st, stay tuned for a daily flash sale featuring a different product within our collection.
Let the fun begin!

SHOP ANNIVERSARY SALE

Daniel__G

Reaction score

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Flash_Sale_grande.gif

MIQUEL uR

TAKE 20% OFF

USE CODE: MIQUEL20
(Code expires at midnight)

SHOP NOW

Flash Sale Rules: Due to limited availability, we can only accommodate exchanges if sizes are available. Alternatively, store credit in form of CU Gift Card will be issued. Cannot be combined with any other offer or applied to previous purchases.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Chukka_IV_Flash_grande.jpg

TAKE $100 OFF
WAS $425 - NOW $325

USE CODE: CHUKKA100
(Code expires at midnight)

SHOP NOW

Flash Sale Rules: Due to limited availability, we can only accommodate exchanges if sizes are available. Alternatively, store credit in form of CU Gift Card will be issued. Cannot be combined with any other offer or applied to previous purchases.

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was considering the Gilbert III and was hoping that the instep was higher than the City. I currently have the William II but I need a higher instep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads