• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

sanchez2018

Reaction score
Does anyone have the George Brown Utah boots? Considering them as my first ever proper winter boots https://www.cobbler-union.eu/products/george-brown-utah-312

I'm UK7,5 across most brands. Should I opt for UK7? Also, if someone has pics of them in action, I'd love to see them. Thanks.
Yes, size down half a size from normal shoe size. I'm a between widths at US11.5 D/E and followed the suggested conversion and took a 10UK for a pair of chukkas on the 312. I've found them to be perfect with a good wool boot sock or thicker casual sock.

However, I don't own the George but the chukkas are made of the brown Utah leather. It's wonderful!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, size down half a size from normal shoe size. I'm a between widths at US11.5 D/E and followed the suggested conversion and took a 10UK for a pair of chukkas on the 312. I've found them to be perfect with a good wool boot sock or thicker casual sock.

However, I don't own the George but the chukkas are made of the brown Utah leather. It's wonderful!
Thanks. Just placed an order for UK7. Hope they're warm. They look great.

Cobbler Union

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cyber Monday is here!

Here is an
exclusive discount by way of thanks to all those who read, follow and participate in Style Forum and keep the art of Mens' Style alive.

What are you going to get with yours?

StyleForum-Cyber.jpg

Use code at checkout on full price items​

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cyber Monday is here!

Here is an exclusive discount by way of thanks to all those who read, follow and participate in Style Forum and keep the art of Mens' Style alive.

What are you going to get with yours?

View attachment 1711667

Use code at checkout on full price items​
Thanks. Is this only applicable for sizes that are in stock or for backorder as well? I'd like to try your penny loafers using the code but my size is out of stock.

Cobbler Union

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. Is this only applicable for sizes that are in stock or for backorder as well? I'd like to try your penny loafers using the code but my size is out of stock.
We'd be happy to apply the discount to a pre-order. We'll send you a message to find out what you're interested in and get the ball rolling!

Kansai22

Reaction score
How does the 888 last fit compared to the Allen Edmonds Park Avenues?

Is it true to fit or does it run larger or smaller?

Cobbler Union

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The 888 last runs large and we generally recommend taking half-size down from your regular size.
The AE 65 last is on the narrow side and the 888 is roomy in the width in comparison.

HTH!

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

In my experience, the 888 runs a lot bigger. I have a foot that teeters slightly on the wide side, somewhere between 10D/E US on the Brannock. The 65 last in 10E is a bit loose in the toe but snug everywhere else. In 10D it's too snug to downright uncomfortable everywhere, and the laces cannot come close to closing. I'm a regular 10D in most other brands, or a 9UK for the ones that use UK sizes, in whatever they call their medium width (F for English, EE for Spanish).

On the 888, on a 9.5 US, there's plenty of room in the toe and the instep is very high, so that in the mornings, it still felt too loose even when the v-gap was pulled closed all the way; I ended up putting a pad under the tongue to eat up the bit of extra space. In my specific case it might have been worthwhile to even try a full size down, though I suppose that might risk making it too short.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 12.5%