• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Just arrived this very nice pair of chukkas from Cobbler Union, maybe the best chukkas I own. Since my feet are bulky due to my daily running, pointy toe boxes are avoided.

The Utah leather looks great, the quilted heel cup show lots of attention to detail and the red linning adds some joy. There are 4 holes (brogues?) on the side that gives some additional visual interest to a very versatile boot.

Brand: Cobbler Union
Model: Chukka / Brown Utah
Last: 312
Welt: 360
Sole: Dainite

IMG_4605.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4609.JPG

IMG_4610.JPG

IMG_4611.JPG

IMG_4612.JPG

apd90700

Reaction score
As a reminder, with HONORARY10 you can load up on the Saphir products for cheaper than Amazon, while also contributing towards you're % lifetime discount.

User123456789

Reaction score
I've had a general problem with the one pair of CU shoes I own (same style brown Utah chukkas shown above). The red lining turns my socks red. Any socks I wear with my CU boots can no longer be worn with loafers because they become oddly discolored. Depending on the sock, it sometimes becomes visible up the ankle all the way to the point where the boot ends.

All of their shoes are lined in red. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
I've had a general problem with the one pair of CU shoes I own (same style brown Utah chukkas shown above). The red lining turns my socks red. Any socks I wear with my CU boots can no longer be worn with loafers because they become oddly discolored. Depending on the sock, it sometimes becomes visible up the ankle all the way to the point where the boot ends.

All of their shoes are lined in red. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
Hello, I hadn't that issue, I only use dark colored socks (navy, charcoal, heather brown).

LenteSucia

Reaction score

What color are your socks that red shows?

bernoulli

Reaction score
Had to deal with that same issue yesterday, the first time I wore my only pair from CU for an extended time. My socks, which were a light gray, absorbed a lot of red from the lining. Have no idea if it is going to come out in the washing machine or if the issue is going to continue to happen.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom toe plates installed by Bedo's Leatherwords on brown spectators
178412140_10225980362124864_2199244026106923967_n.jpg
177935823_10225980361604851_7051049084386838323_n.jpg

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Cobbler Union had an interesting Facebook livestream today. I assume you can watch the replay on their Facebook page. Interview with Daniel Porcelli (ceo)

Cobbler Union

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Had to deal with that same issue yesterday, the first time I wore my only pair from CU for an extended time. My socks, which were a light gray, absorbed a lot of red from the lining. Have no idea if it is going to come out in the washing machine or if the issue is going to continue to happen.
Thanks both for the info.

Cobbler Union lining is coming from big cow skins. The tanning process is the same than the calf skins from the uppers.

Lining is in contact with our feet during many hours on a row, slight discoloration might happen because of humidity from sweat. Nevertheless, it should not be as strong as you describe so our customer service team will have a close look to your cases individually.

We hope this helps!

Attachments

bernoulli

Reaction score
It does. It is not a big issue for me. Should stabilize soon. I will make a point to wearing the shoes again tomorrow to see if the issue continues. Regardless, I am really pleased with the customer service and the pair of Miquel wholecuts I got. I wish the museum calf pattern were more prominent but I believe it should develop more with time. So far, I am a happy customer even with these minor issues.

Thanks both for the info.

Cobbler Union lining is coming from big cow skins. The tanning process is the same than the calf skins from the uppers.

Lining is in contact with our feet during many hours on a row, slight discoloration might happen because of humidity from sweat. Nevertheless, it should not be as strong as you describe so our customer service team will have a close look to your cases individually.

We hope this helps!

Cobbler Union

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FINAL DAYS

Up To 25% For Life

The more you spend, the more you save.

Consider adding a seasonal style to your shoe collection, or a belt to match your favorite pair.

Remember, this purchase will give you the chance to buy luxury under price. Forever.

SHOP NOW

StyleF-01.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.